DNS Benchmark

Hey Guyzz!

Just benchmarked some famous & mostly used DNS servers n here iz the result...

1.203.135.0.70 ( Paknet Limited )

2.203.135.1.117 ( Paknet Limited )

3.203.99.163.240 ( Pakistan Telecommunication )

4.202.125.132.9 ( Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited )

5.208.67.222.222 ( OpenDNS, LLC )

1244667425.jpg

1244668941.jpg

I will still use OpenDNS since PTCL's DNS servers are not that reliable.

DNS Advantage seems to be much faster than OpenDNS :o

wow..thanks...i changed from open dns and the speed difference in browsing is remarkable

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

wow…thanks…i changed from open dns and the speed difference in browsing is remarkable
[/quote]

wt about web streaming ? like you tube …do u feel diff there too ?

wow…thanks…i changed from open dns and the speed difference in browsing is remarkable
[/quote]

you changed your DNS server from openDNS to …???

What is PTCL DNS and Open DNS? If someone is using PTCL how he can use brain telecom DNS?

Google with word "DNS Server" and it will give you all details :)..... in short DNS server queries our entered web address and resolves it into the IP adress of the website....without DNS browsing wont work......you can change your DNS from PTCL to OpenDNS or Brain telecom DNS by following these steps :

open ur local area connection status...click on properties then open Internet Protocol TCP/IP pRoperties and change the values as shown below :

1242909131.jpg

I am using Brain DNS as my Preffered and Paknet (PTCL's) DNs as my secondary in the pic...

You people keep on wasting your time in finding better DNS, well stick to ur ISPs DNS, or use openDNS

changing DNS duznt improve browsing experience much

try to find out a nice fast proxy, becnhmark it......so that we can use it when PTCL givz us TCP error

you changed your DNS server from openDNS to …???

[/quote]

the top two benchmarked dns

I am using PTCL Ev-Do usb device. I have changed my internet DNS to Open DNS but i cant feel any difference. can anyone tell me that what will be the advantage of changing DNS ?

the top two benchmarked dns

[/quote]

Ahan… :)

I am using PTCL Ev-Do usb device. I have changed my internet DNS to Open DNS but i cant feel any difference. can anyone tell me that what will be the advantage of changing DNS ?
[/quote]

changing DNS wont make much difference…but if you have set a stable DNS then incase PTCL’s DNS get down ur net will keep workin :)… OpenDNS is slowest of all but quite stable…

^ its not slow because of the service being slow but rather coz of the latency open dns has servers in both europe and usa but ptcls requests always go to usa for open dns even though they should go to europe whichd would reduce the latency and increase the performance of open dns

updated!

nice...the previous dns(s) had become really slow..thanks

I get timeout errors on PTCL's DNS 203.99.163.240. Can't browse using it so I am stuck with OpenDNS.

What are other DNS IP's of PTCL?

you r getting timeout becuase PTCL disabled ping on 203.99.163.240....its working fine at my end !! you can check now also its working v well from last 2 weeks r so..!!

others are 203.135.0.70, 203.135.1.117, 202.125.132.9 r 202.125.132.12 first two r recommended if ur in isb/rwp/lhr and last two if you r in khi/quetta .

Thanks for update.

mention not! :)