DIY MPPT Charge Controller

Salaam.

Started a YouTube channel for building an MPPT Charge Controller. Specs different from the ones made locally (Absun, Ali and Faisal etc.) are inclusion of Wi-Fi for monitoring based on ESP8266. Everything including software for the ESP to be in public domain.
Drawing circuit on Easyeda. Will use Arduino for the software.

Shall post Easyeda link tomorrow IA.

Aurangzeb

seems to good.
i would love ti have a detailed build tutorial.
will try too.

Salaam,
I am currently drawing/tracing the circuit of the Faisal Electronics CC. You can view it at
https://easyeda.com/azhaque/mppt-charge-controller
The exercise is almost complete.
Next step is to build the various sub systems such as the power supply, fan controller etc. Once that is completed I will start the building of the ESP8266 and write its firmware. I will keep posting progress here along with videos on YouTube.

Salaams,

A small supplementary video on a local made toner transfer pcb making rig. It is an improvement over the clothes iron method because of consistent and evenly applied pressure and controlled temperature. Results should be consistent and repeatable.
You can do 8" x 6" pcb on it very conveniently.
The machine was purchased from Raja Bazaar (Tyre market). The heating coil is easily available.

Part-2 of the above video. PCB is etched, cleaned and then sealed with Lacquer spray to prevent oxidization of copper.

Salaams.

Now to add components to the Faisal MPPT PCB. But first some explanatory pics.

The above is a picture of the PCB used by Faisal. You can see the various components in the picture. Let me now show you the details.

Section marked A is where the MPPT Inductor is to be installed.
B. These are 3 Schottky Diodes in parallel to increase current capacity.
C. Are the 3 x MOSFETs and their associated driving transistors connected thru three resistors.
D.It is the jumper for selection of 12 volt or 24 volt.
E. The PIC16F883 microcontroller which controls the circuit. (I will not be including it. Instead I will use an external ESP8266 wifi enabled microcontroller in PIC’s place).
F. Part of Power Supply circuit. a 7805 regulator for supplying +5 VDC to the microcontroller.
G. The capacitor bank on the Solar side. Very critical and requires good quality capacitors (meaning expensive) to be used.
H. Battery side capacitors. Also require good quality capacitors to be used.

Questions and Answers on the forum or on the Youtube video comments section.

Regards

Dear Saleem Afzal,
Solder side view of the Faisal PCB. Component side views given above.
Q&A welcome.

I have reviewed the circuits of AlHamd, Absun and Faisal Charge Controllers. All are basically SIMILAR, with just some improvement in Power Supply sections. The main circuit is same in all three.
Therefore I assume that Ayan would be no different. It may just be a copy of the circuit in the following website, that uses an Arduino Nano.