Dish TV

So I'm a football fanatic.. literally :D

My problem is that I'm so sick of typical local cable TV as I only get access to ESPN and Star Sports and that too offer HINDI Commentary for premier league.... yukh!!! :angry:

I was hoping to move to Dish TV.. like SUN TV etc... I want channels like SkySports, SuperSports etc.... :P

Possible?? :rolleyes:

I have Airtel HD reciever On star sports HD feed Only English commentary with Dolby Digital plus 7.1

Dish TV doesn’t have Star sports HD channels

Sent from my A50 using Tapatalk

[quote=“Hamid_zizou, post:, topic:”]

So I'm a football fanatic.. literally :D

My problem is that I'm so sick of typical local cable TV as I only get access to ESPN and Star Sports and that too offer HINDI Commentary for premier league.... yukh!!! :angry:

I was hoping to move to Dish TV.. like SUN TV etc... I want channels like SkySports, SuperSports etc.... :P

Possible?? :rolleyes:

[/quote]

You wanna get rid of indian crap by buying indian crap??? :blink:

Sky Sports and Super Sports are like a dream come true for any sports fan but it may never come true living in Pakistan.....so answer is "not possible" :mellow:

But good news is you can get plenty of good sports channels better than any cable network in Pakistan if you get Smart TV. channels include:

Star Sports 1

Star Sports 3

Star Sports 4

Ten Sports

Ten Action

Ten Golf

Neo Sports

Euro Sports 2

Aljazeera Sports +3

Abu Dhabi Sports 1

and your local

Geo Super

PTV Sports

[quote=“ShuAK, post:3, topic:20591”]

You wanna get rid of indian crap by buying indian crap??? :blink:

Sky Sports and Super Sports are like a dream come true for any sports fan but it may never come true living in Pakistan.....so answer is "not possible" :mellow:

But good news is you can get plenty of good sports channels better than any cable network in Pakistan if you get Smart TV. channels include:

Star Sports 1

Star Sports 3

Star Sports 4

Ten Sports

Ten Action

Ten Golf

Neo Sports

Euro Sports 2

Aljazeera Sports +3

Abu Dhabi Sports 1

and your local

Geo Super

PTV Sports

[/quote]

Sorry man, by Dish TV, I didn't mean INDIAN Dish TV. :P

and wow... what's that Smart TV? how can i apply for it? what's the name of company ?

ptcl.com.pk

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

[quote=“Hamid_zizou, post:4, topic:20591”]

Sorry man, by Dish TV, I didn't mean INDIAN Dish TV. :P

and wow... what's that Smart TV? how can i apply for it? what's the name of company ?

[/quote]

PTCL's Smart TV to be exact :)

http://ptcl.com.pk/pd_content.php?pd_id=110

and the thread on our forum:

on ptcl's smart tv the commentary is also in hindi on star sports...

^^^^Not on all 3 channels but only on Star Sports 2 occasionally. Whereas Star Sports 3 (formerly Star Cricket) is all Hindi channel now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STAR_Sports_3

[quote=“rafay12, post:7, topic:20591”]

on ptcl's smart tv the commentary is also in hindi on star sports...

[/quote]

yes you're right! and they offer only two sports channel for soccer.. ESPN and Start Sports.. which I also get on my local cable.. so PTCL is not an option.. i checked it before posting this thread...

The thing that i want: I want multiple sports channels because most of the times, BPL matches start together and they never broadcast Chelsea's match :( ... So I was hoping for a sports package with a lot of sports channels... anyone?

Go for Airtel HD I'm sure you'll not be disappointed

Because they have all sports channels

Star Sports HD 1
Star Sports HD 2
Sony Six HD
Ten HD

HD channels
Only telecast
Matches
In
English commentary

Star Sports 1
Star Sports 2
Star Sports 3
Star Sports 4

Neo Sports
Neo Prime

Ten Sports
Ten cricket
Ten Golf

Ten Action
A dedicated football channel

Trace Sports

DD sports :wink:

In My opinion
Airtel HD
Would be the best
Choice for you

[quote=“Hamid_zizou, post:9, topic:20591”]

yes you're right! and they offer only two sports channel for soccer.. ESPN and Start Sports.. which I also get on my local cable.. so PTCL is not an option.. i checked it before posting this thread...

The thing that i want: I want multiple sports channels because most of the times, BPL matches start together and they never broadcast Chelsea's match :( ... So I was hoping for a sports package with a lot of sports channels... anyone?

[/quote]

Hello?? did i mention ESPN anywhere on above list? when and where did you last check? ESPN is no longer a channel anywhere in Asia. It was replaced by Star Sports 4 in India and Fox Sports in rest of Asia. All those channels i mentioned above are currently "available" on Smart TV.

[quote=“kafeelazam, post:10, topic:20591”]

Go for Airtel HD I'm sure you'll not be disappointed Because they have all sports channels Star Sports HD 1 Star Sports HD 2 Sony Six HD Ten HD HD channels Only telecast Matches In English commentary Star Sports 1 Star Sports 2 Star Sports 3 Star Sports 4 Neo Sports Neo Prime Ten Sports Ten cricket Ten Golf Ten Action A dedicated football channel Trace Sports DD sports ;-) In My opinion Airtel HD Would be the best Choice for you Sent from my A50 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

great man! can you tell me how much will it cost? Installation + monthly charges?

Thanks

Screen caps for your satisfaction.

[quote=“ShuAK, post:11, topic:20591”]

Hello?? did i mention ESPN anywhere on above list? when and where did you last check? ESPN is no longer a channel anywhere in Asia. It was replaced by Star Sports 4 in India and Fox Sports in rest of Asia. All those channels i mentioned above are currently "available" on Smart TV.

[/quote]

I called PTCL and asked them about the channels.. they referred me to a list of channels they offer.. Please check this.. it's no different than a local cable network..

sq8c.jpg

^^^are you serious?? that site has been abandoned for ages now. They wrongly guide people to get rid of them. I myself use Smart TV and regularly update channels list on this forum. Those screen caps i posted just took few minutes ago. Anyway its up to you if you are not convinced then i can't help you more.

[quote=“Hamid_zizou, post:12, topic:20591”]

Go for Airtel HD I’m sure you’ll not be disappointed Because they have all sports channels Star Sports HD 1 Star Sports HD 2 Sony Six HD Ten HD HD channels Only telecast Matches In English commentary Star Sports 1 Star Sports 2 Star Sports 3 Star Sports 4 Neo Sports Neo Prime Ten Sports Ten cricket Ten Golf Ten Action A dedicated football channel Trace Sports DD sports :wink: In My opinion Airtel HD Would be the best Choice for you Sent from my A50 using Tapatalk

great man! can you tell me how much will it cost? Installation + monthly charges?

Thanks

[/quote]

Airtel HD BOX 8000

Installation
charges 2500
Including dish and lnb

Full package will cost you about 900 pkr

My friends deal in these stuff
He recommends me
Airtel HD

According to him
dishtv is crap

[quote=“kafeelazam, post:16, topic:20591”]

Airtel HD BOX 8000 Installation charges 2500 Including dish and lnb Full package will cost you about 900 pkr My friends deal in these stuff He recommends me Airtel HD According to him dishtv is crap Sent from my A50 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

sounds great!!

last question. Where and how can I apply?

[quote=“ShuAK, post:15, topic:20591”]

^^^are you serious?? that site has been abandoned for ages now. They wrongly guide people to get rid of them. I myself use Smart TV and regularly update channels list on this forum. Those screen caps i posted just took few minutes ago. Anyway its up to you if you are not convinced then i can't help you more.

[/quote]

bro you're very aggressive and I like that :D (just kidding.. chillax man :) ) <_<

yar the thing is that I JUST talked to a PTCL representative, and he JUST told me that these are the only 5 sports channels 'we' offer... now what can i say man... I'm a big fan of PTCL but I'm just AMAZED why won't they even bother updating their list of channels.. it'll only get them thousands of more customers.. ridiculous..... :blink:

[quote=“Hamid_zizou, post:17, topic:20591”]

Airtel HD BOX 8000 Installation charges 2500 Including dish and lnb Full package will cost you about 900 pkr My friends deal in these stuff He recommends me Airtel HD According to him dishtv is crap Sent from my A50 using Tapatalk

sounds great!!
last question. Where and how can I apply?

[/quote]
I’ll dm you
His contact #

Where you from

[quote=“kafeelazam, post:19, topic:20591”]

I'll dm you His contact # Where you from Sent from my A50 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

Thanks man. I'm from Lahore