Dish TV and Tata Sky in Pakistan

Is there any official or authorized dealer for Dish TV or Tata Sky in Pakistan. Opensky says that they are authorized dealer. What is disadvantages if we buy a decoder from open market.

The Box is illegal then howcome legal dealers ill be available , the one who says that we are legal dealers are not the legals ones,the dishtv STB is available in LHR,KHI,PSH and other major cities.The price was round about 8 thousand when i checked it couple of months before but be aware its illegal it can be blocked anytime.

all these cable opreators are stealin dish tv channels

Just go for the local "cable wala's" or try PTCL smart

adnan9909 yeah exactly,its illegal ,if they found them they will block their VC number ,VC is that number which blinks on the tv screens or you can email them that this VC is being used illegally by my cable operator, they will block the STB VC number :D

I am watching dish tv for a year and nothing happened.

And it is more then these local cables here and there is not good coverage of iptv in pakistan.

^How Much you pay for 6 months.

I am watching it For 2 Years Lol hhehhehehehehehhehehhahah

G.a.m.e thats nice to hear ! do you pay the dealer? how much you pay him.. tell you one thing, pay DISHTV india directly via credit card.It will cost you less, nothing gonna happen ,what do you think that they doesn't know that their STB is being used in Pakistan?Did you ever think why the VC number flashes on your television screen ,they aren't kids.They are there to earn money by any means,so it doesn't bothers them that the user is from India or Pakistan.They are interested in CASH big_smile

pay 8000 for a few channels? Why not pay for local cable and get so many channels for 300 or so/month..

Maybe the cabletv service isn't provided at his place,secondly quality is superb

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am watching dish tv for a year and nothing happened.

And it is more then these local cables here and there is not good coverage of iptv in pakistan.

[/quote]

pls tell me whats channels DISH TV providing? how many pakistani channels ? sports? any islamic?

pls tell me whats channels DISH TV providing? how many pakistani channels ? sports? any islamic?

[/quote]

Chacha JI its Indian DTH , why would it broadcast Islamic channels? lol … it got 180 channels

and how many pakistani channels.

geo, ptv, aaj etc?

It has Total 180 channels no pakistani channels.Look for pakistani dth which i doubt there is>>:P

nice suggestion DvBox [Evil_Smile]

*Goes oF To Find a free way to watch channels*

what is the monthly fee which thing these local cable wala use and one more thing i heard that dish give us more than thousand channel is it true

Well there in no cable there in my area as i am in village.

I am paying about 700 per month but i am really happy with it friends.

Because there are many advantages of dish tv.

>Large number of channels than cable tv.

>Superb pic quality.

>No interruption like our local cable tv.

Suppose you are watching a great match and your cable tv turns off with some reasons and you will think that for this match 700 per month is cheap.

I have experienced that many times.

>Electronic Program Guide (Saves lot of time surfing channels)

>Multi language Channels >National Geographic, Discovery, Animal Planet, History, Cartoon Network and some others also. (You can change language between hindi and eng with a button press)

>Stereo Sound

I dont think these things are provided in Cable tv.

Chacha JI its Indian DTH , why would it broadcast Islamic channels? lol … it got 180 channels

[/quote]

How much u pay monthly?

G.a.m.e ... you are absolutely right,I have heard couple of years back that dth is arriving in 2007 but no signs of it yet,don't forget its 2008 heh..

DaPakiGuy.. it depends on your dealer,if you will pay via credit card then the amount would be like 350 to 400Rs and if you pay the dealer then it would like 700-750Rs , confirm it

If you can pay through credit card as there is risk in it you will be charged about 400 to 450 per month and from dealer as i am paying is 650 to 700.