Disabled processor core on Windows 7

Hey mates!

I am facing a strange but quite frustrating problem. my processor's second core is disabled and I am unable to make it working.

I have tried each and every solution from "msconfig" to "bios update" but all goes in vain...

if anyone of you has solved this God damn issue , please let me know..

My motherboard is Intel DG31PR with E7400 Core 2 duo 2.88 ghz processor.

Are you sure its disabled? I think you might've just disabled the 2nd core for an appliction/game only, which you can enable via Set Affinity inside TM.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:2, topic:15612”]

Are you sure its disabled? I think you might’ve just disabled the 2nd core for an appliction/game only, which you can enable via Set Affinity inside TM.

[/quote]

yeah em sure its disabled… i have checked it though “intel processor identification” tool… n nop i haven’t disabled it for any game or patch!!!

this is what making me sick solving it…

^ That could be the software's issue. Have you noticed any decrease in performance than before? In games or such?

[quote=“Upsilon, post:4, topic:15612”]

^ That could be the software’s issue. Have you noticed any decrease in performance than before? In games or such?

[/quote]

yup in my opinion it was some software issue… but rite after fresh installation of windows 7 32 bit, the result was same,

so i refreshed it with windows 7 64 bit…still 2nd core is no where… lolz…shocking though!!

Did u check in BIOS ? may be it is disabled from there.

[quote=“sfarrukh, post:6, topic:15612”]

Did u check in BIOS ? may be it is disabled from there.

[/quote]

yeah! i have checked it there, but everything is on its track there too!

even i have updated my bios. cleared CMOS memroy and settings too.

nothing is making any differnce

download and install latest bios from support.intel.com for ur motherboard and then see if this makes any difference.

[quote=“sfarrukh, post:8, topic:15612”]

download and install latest bios from support.intel.com for ur motherboard and then see if this makes any difference.

[/quote]

as i mentioned in my earlier post, i have updated my bios as well and ofcourse i downloaded it from intel

Try installing the processor in some other m/b, if it is still showing single core then processor might be damaged.