Dilemma at verge of getting AC

First of all , I apologise i m making a another topic regarding AC however i already have one but i deemed it necessary please i hope i will be excused if i displease now one more question, I dont know if i m supposed to ask for anymore suggestions for I have already been generously responded and suggested by kind folks around here. but big big confusion, I m just at the verge of buying an air-conditioner and another confusion has popped up outta nowhere.
on the very day i was going for buying Haier split AC 1.5 ton. My father introduced me to a guy who has 2 almost dead Haier units. That guy STRICTLY AND STRONGLY suggested me to not go for SPLIT ACS and ironically so does my father.
because we have 2 units of GENERAL WINDOW AC which have lasted us like forever, I personally cant remember when my father bought these 2 units
. And Goddangit people over here like worship this specific Brand GENERAL, WINDOW-AC wise.
It has strong repo here and I m now very much stuck and frustrated which one to go for. Because every foreman That i have come across in the town have insisted me to go for Window one instead of split if possible.
they say WINDOW has far longer lifespan, far stronger durability, far better coldness. But I wanna go with reasonable and sound suggestions not with these people's who have " I HAVE EXPERT OPINION ABOUT EVERYTHING " Attitude
Please help, JUST AT THE EDGE OF PURCHASING ONE.

Ill make it as easy as possible for you guys here.

1- Haier 1.5 ton Split AC. (Around 48k)
2- General WINDW AC 1.5 ton (Around 40k " used one " but good as new)

Which one do i go for?
NOTE: disregard the electrical bill factor, Its not a prob. THE ONLY THINGS YOU SHOULD KEEP IN MIND WHILE SUGGESTING.
LIFESPAN, COLDNESS, DURABILTY AND PERFORMANCE.

My last intenstly stretched budget : 50k virtually not possible to stretch any higher.

can you get some load from a family member ?

"... GENERAL WINDOW AC which have lasted us like forever ..."

NEW Window Air Conditioners had factory sealed refrigeration circuit, thus no moisture or air in the circuit. Air, Moisture and other impurities ruins the compressor.

Any time the refrigeration circuit is opened to the air and not flushed and vacuumed before being put in operation, it will have an bad effect on the compressors health.

"THE ONLY THINGS YOU SHOULD KEEP IN MIND WHILE SUGGESTING. LIFESPAN, COLDNESS, DURABILTY AND PERFORMANCE."

In view of above, if you can live with the noise and can find a new one, my vote is for the Window type. They are not efficient though.

Used ones are a bit risky. One never knows how much the product has been used and if it had been repaired.

I'd go for split. More portable. It isn't that heavy. You can take it off the wall and repair it, clean it up, etc. yourself.

I've never used window AC, but I've heard they're more durable.

You can compare the two to LCD and CRT monitors. Former is newer technology, is shinier, prettier, and is better suited to modern needs. While latter may be sturdier, and more rough and tough, it's old technology. People barely use it anymore.

Regardless, the choice is yours. Get the one that is best for your current requirements. Google for pros and cons of both if need be.

oGeneral is one of the best brands available all across the world. Its made by japs and the whole middle east uses it. Go to Saudi or UAE and you will find that every other AC is oGeneral.

You are comparing apples with oranges here. Split vs a window. I would normally say split if you had choosen an AC with inverter technology but that is not the case here so I would say go with oGeneral Window AC. The reasons are listed below:

The electricity consumption as you say is not a matter of conscern but still a window AC would normally use up lesser electricity if the compressor is the same capascity and brand.

Window AC has a less probability of loosing the coolant gas and with split AC you would need to spend Rs2000-3000 every time you move it from one place to another or in case there is a leak in the pipes or any physical damage.

A windows AC will make more noise as compared to a split but if your room is bog enough then the impact would be marginal.

Window AC installation is cheaper as compared to a split one.

Windows AC could be moved around without loosing gas but split AC could be a bit tricky.

Window AC has lesser things that could go wrong and as you mentioned you have been using General window ac already and know that they work flawlessly. It is stupid to repair things that are not broken... Get the same thing :)

I hope I made sense.

if electricty bill no issue, and you have good voltage in your area,

then Window AC.. much much cooler , and instant cooling.

if no, then Split AC, 2 ton for your requirement.

what do you mean load bhai jan. do you mean electrical? I'd assume youre talking about the electrical load.

Well yes its gonna be the same electrical line. however my place\buliding is next door to our house. but I still manage to get it.

but i wonder why do you ask?

Thanks brother. i must say your opinion is very much sound. speically the way you tried to make logic via CRT AND LED instance.

I really appreciate it. it does help.

very sound suggestion pal. I very much agree to your opinion. and yes indeed you did make sense.

and i have been listening to the similar points from almost all of the people who use or have used Window AC.

But still not sure. Cuz now the preference comes into play.

mind commands to go for Window but the heart requests to go Split.

lets see what conclusion has got in store for me. Thanks a ton anyway. your justification/reasoning was simply awesome.

yeah, Looks like I think my decisions have to take a U-TURN this time. I think going for Window AC will be a smart move.

there are some draw backs in it like its bulky ass AC, and is noisy as hell compared to split.

but other features and qualities of Window AC outwiegh split in every way. besides noise and bulkyness is not much of a problem cuz i'm pretty loud myself. prefer heavy metal and stuff like that so. . . . . . . . . .... so lets see where do i end up.

[quote=“HAZY, post:7, topic:21362”]

what do you mean load bhai jan. do you mean electrical? I'd assume youre talking about the electrical load.

Well yes its gonna be the same electrical line. however my place\buliding is next door to our house. but I still manage to get it.

but i wonder why do you ask?

[/quote]

Sorry for wrong spelling, It was Loan not Load. My mistake.

As for Window A/C yes they might cool better but the Rs 20,000+ /month bill you will get with it, who will justify that. :rolleyes:

Not all Windows A/C have same cooling, but one thing is sure, they will increase your monthly Bajli ka bill. <_<

I have used both types, Spilt in Pakistan and Windows A/C somewhere else. I can assure you, new Mitsubishi Split has way better performance compared to a 20 year old Window A/C ( including General) .

So bottom, save on your electricity bill and buy a Split. :)

Oh its ok don’t b sorry brother. Well like I said electrical payment isn’t the matter of concern, my father deals with that and my uncle is a senior Wapda employee.

All that matters like I said , lifespan , coldness , durablity and performance"

And buying Mitsubishi is outta question for me bro. There is no way I can spend about 70k for an air conditioner as whole, and can’t wait anymore either like until next year or 2 years may be to save up sufficent to buy Mitsubishi .

I m done waiting and be in my home around and absorb the intense family issues and bullcrap.

So here’s the thing bhai jan, just put yourself in my shoes and where you didn’t have to bother worrying about electrical bill at all and all you wanted lifespan , coldness , performance and durability so which would you go for.? Window or split .

Btw I personally wanna go for haier split 1.5 ton around 46k.

Please lemme know your sincere suggestion regardless of your personal preference and opinion :)

And yeah what if I go for haier split ac, will be as good in performance lifespan whatsoever I mentioned as Mitsubishi or window ac. If yes I do wanna go for split but everyone here including my mother suggests me to go for window however she’s always encouraged me to go for what I feel Like. but this might be like my first and last ac until I mov abroad or something.

So this is why I think she also suggests me that because my family personally ha never used an split so they’re pretty unsure and actually skeptical about split :(

[quote=“HAZY, post:12, topic:21362”]

Oh its ok don't b sorry brother. Well like I said electrical payment isn't the matter of concern, my father deals with that and my uncle is a senior Wapda employee.

And buying Mitsubishi is outta question for me bro. There is no way I can spend about 70k for an air conditioner as whole, and can't wait anymore either like until next year or 2 years may be to save up sufficent to buy Mitsubishi .

I m done waiting and be in my home around and absorb the intense family issues and bullcrap.

So here's the thing bhai jan, just put yourself in my shoes and where you didn't have to bother worrying about electrical bill at all and all you wanted lifespan , coldness , performance and durability so which would you go for.? Window or split .

Please lemme know your sincere suggestion regardless of your personal preference and opinion :)

[/quote]

you can enjoy free electricity but this doesn't mean that you start wasting it, all of us suffers from loadshedding.

Instead of free electricity just ask for 30K loan from your father and uncle.

Or else buy a quality split.

I haven't used a haier, so I'm "actually skeptical about it" :P

As for split , I don't set it lower than 26C , or else I will need a blanket

Haier aint that bad ,I have got three of them they are working v v good.You can buy GREE its a good Ac too ..dont think that much mate.If u wana check the GREE cooling visit Singapore Plaza,Frequency plaza in pindi...every shopkeeper has it and they have set the thermostate to either 26 or 25 in the day time.Secondly if u dun wana spend that much visit karkhanay Peshawar and get a japani window AC ..wesy bh bijli is UNLIMITED for u ..thnx to your uncle.

[quote=“yousaf465, post:14, topic:21362”]

Oh its ok don’t b sorry brother. Well like I said electrical payment isn’t the matter of concern, my father deals with that and my uncle is a senior Wapda employee.
And buying Mitsubishi is outta question for me bro. There is no way I can spend about 70k for an air conditioner as whole, and can’t wait anymore either like until next year or 2 years may be to save up sufficent to buy Mitsubishi .
So here’s the thing bhai jan, just put yourself in my shoes and where you didn’t have to bother worrying about electrical bill at all and all you wanted lifespan , coldness , performance and durability so which would you go for.? Window or split .

you can enjoy free electricity but this doesn’t mean that you start wasting it, all of us suffers from loadshedding.

I haven’t used a haier, so I’m “actually skeptical about it” :P

As for split , I don’t set it lower than 26C , or else I will need a blanket

[/quote]

Folks you’re misunderstanding me. This is why I wasn’t really sure of letting people know that my uncle is a wapda employee for people might start judging me.
It’s not free for us . We pay the bills for electricity. I don’t mean we’re free of all sins, yes we pay less bill compared to people who are not employed in wapda but we still do, we’re not just over imposed with heavy and unfair bills as other on our town because of the free power units that uncle gets and the fact he is in wapda. I Donno if that’s fair or not but this is what I know. Well btw it’s completely off the topic. And I want to let all the good fellas know that I m going for window ftw

[/quote]

you can enjoy free electricity but this doesn’t mean that you start wasting it, all of us suffers from loadshedding.

I haven’t used a haier, so I’m “actually skeptical about it” :P

As for split , I don’t set it lower than 26C , or else I will need a blanket

[/quote]

Bhai jan you’re misunderstanding me. This is why I wasn’t really sure of letting people know that my uncle is a wapda employee for people might start judging me.
It’s not free for us . We pay the bills for electricity. I don’t mean we’re free of all sins, yes we pay less bill compared to people who are not employed in wapda but we still do, we’re not just over imposed with heavy bills because of the free power units thatuncle gets and the fact he is in wapda I Donno if that’s fair or not but this is what I know. Well btw it’s completely off the topic. And I want to let all the good fellas know that I m going for window ftw

[quote=“HAZY, post:17, topic:21362”]

Bhai jan you're misunderstanding me. This is why I wasn't really sure of letting people know that my uncle is a wapda employee for people might start judging me. It's not free for us . We pay the bills for electricity. I don't mean we're free of all sins, yes we pay less bill compared to people who are not employed in wapda but we still do, we're not just over imposed with heavy bills because of the free power units thatuncle gets and the fact he is in wapda I Donno if that's fair or not but this is what I know. Well btw it's completely off the topic. And I want to let all the good fellas know that I m going for window ftw

[/quote]

Window :rolleyes: I set split at minimum 26C, anything temperature lower than that and I will need a blanket.

and you are going for window ??

P.S right now it is at 28C with economy on and temperature on the clock is 26C.

[quote=“HAZY, post:17, topic:21362”]

Bhai jan you're misunderstanding me. This is why I wasn't really sure of letting people know that my uncle is a wapda employee for people might start judging me. It's not free for us . We pay the bills for electricity. I don't mean we're free of all sins, yes we pay less bill compared to people who are not employed in wapda but we still do, we're not just over imposed with heavy bills because of the free power units thatuncle gets and the fact he is in wapda I Donno if that's fair or not but this is what I know. Well btw it's completely off the topic. And I want to let all the good fellas know that I m going for window ftw

[/quote]

Every one who works in their department will definitely get the perks and benefits of working there.. this is the rule... wapda employes get free units cuz wapda produces electricity, not candy or chocolates, otherwise they would give them free chocolates.. on the other hand, hilal and candy land produce toffees so employees get free toffees , not wapda units..this is a standard company practice world wide. so it is nothing to be ashamed of, instead, its to be proud of being a hard working employee./

as for window ac.. your choice is better than split. split will give up in scorching july and also not good in extreme humidity days in august.. it works well for majorty months, but those few pesky heat waves and humidity days, split fails.. window will keep on working even at that time..:)

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:19, topic:21362”]

Bhai jan you’re misunderstanding me. This is why I wasn’t really sure of letting people know that my uncle is a wapda employee for people might start judging me. It’s not free for us . We pay the bills for electricity. I don’t mean we’re free of all sins, yes we pay less bill compared to people who are not employed in wapda but we still do, we’re not just over imposed with heavy bills because of the free power units thatuncle gets and the fact he is in wapda I Donno if that’s fair or not but this is what I know. Well btw it’s completely off the topic. And I want to let all the good fellas know that I m going for window ftw

Every one who works in their department will definitely get the perks and benefits of working there… this is the rule… wapda employes get free units cuz wapda produces electricity, not candy or chocolates, otherwise they would give them free chocolates… on the other hand, hilal and candy land produce toffees so employees get free toffees , not wapda units…this is a standard company practice world wide. so it is nothing to be ashamed of, instead, its to be proud of being a hard working employee./

as for window ac… your choice is better than split. split will give up in scorching july and also not good in extreme humidity days in august… it works well for majorty months, but those few pesky heat waves and humidity days, split fails… window will keep on working even at that time…:)

[/quote]

Thank god brother this is really encouraging, I donno why guys around here started judging me as soon as I let the fact emerge that my uncles an employee in wapda. He’s always got free power units and he’s always told me it’s the national policy, and it’s common sense, where you work, you’re supposed to get benefits there nothing wrong with it.
They started judging me may be because it’s the current hot issue in Pakistan and every single one is the victim of scarcity of electrical supply so as soon as you kinda talk about doing something that’s a little power consuming, they start suspecting you. I live in Pakistan and I m also the victim of this ordeal. Anyway thanks brother responses like you yourself gentleman cared to impart really encouraged me to do the right thing and make a smart move and not run into problems that you inevitably deal with when you get an split ac.
I might go tomorrow to nearest bigger town to get the window ac or Sunday since these 2 days are off days for my dad.
Thanks a lot dude and thanks ever single one who tried to help me pull through and direct me into the right way. Everyone who left a response in my topic: I m just immeasurably grateful :)