Different versions of vista?

i wanna knw whether there r different versions of vista like ultimate edition, professional edition, home edition etc or these r just interchangable names and there r no different versions..?? one of my friend calims when he installed ultimate edition it had aero desktop support but when he bought a dvd labeling home (dont remember exactly the edition) editon there was no aero desktop in it???

check this:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2068721,00.asp

yeah vista has four editions ultimate being the best means it has all the features and basic being the one with least features

get ultimate!

I think only Ultimate has the Aero desktop - plus it has some more bells and whistles that the other versions don't have. It's best to get Ultimate - get everything in case you need it some day! :D

^^Home premium also has aero.

^^^ Vista has 7 versions, more if you consider the European 'n' versions too.

any link to download vista ultimate.........?(free one lol)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

any link to download vista ultimate…?(free one lol)
[/quote]

not allowed to post piracy links on this forum u know!

…im sure u admins are watching us :P

but u could google for it and find it via ‘torrents’ :D

aaaaaaaand theres no practical difference between home premium and ultimate versions for the more than average user other than the bitlocker drive encryption crap that 99% ppl wont need to use anyway

for further info:

Comparison between Vista Editions

oh sorry....i was unaware abt this rule (posting and asking piracy links)...

^^Home premium also has aero.
[/quote]

only vista basic doesnt has aero , other wise all the other vista editions have aero , but VISTA BUSINESS is the best and the most stable as compare to VISTA ULTIMATE

Vista Basic and Vista Starter does not have aero interface. all others have if your graphics card supports.

ok wht is the rating system of windows vista and how does it work....something like windows experience or rating of 3.1 or sth else...

^^^ Vista has 7 versions, more if you consider the European ‘n’ versions too.
[/quote]

I thought it wasnt a good idea to introduce him to other version he shouldnt bother about :)

What is the Windows Experience Index?

The Windows Experience Index measures the capability of your computer’s hardware and software configuration and expresses this measurement as a number called a base score. A higher base score generally means that your computer will perform better and faster than a computer with a lower base score, especially when performing more advanced and resource-intensive tasks.

Each hardware component receives an individual subscore. Your computer’s base score is determined by the lowest subscore. For example, if the lowest subscore of an individual hardware component is 2.6, then the base score is 2.6. The base score is not an average of the combined subscores.

You can use the base score to confidently buy programs and other software that are matched to your computer’s base score. For example, if your computer has a base score of 3.3, then you can confidently purchase any software designed for this version of Windows that requires a computer with a base score of 3 or lower.

The base scores currently range from 1 to 5.9. The Windows Experience Index is designed to accommodate advances in computer technology. As hardware speed and performance improves, higher base scores will be introduced. However, the standards for each level of the index stay the same. For example, a computer scored as a 2.8 will remain a 2.8 unless you decide to upgrade the computer’s hardware.

[/quote]

Here’s an in-depth look.

wzub wht will be the base score of mine......i knw it can b determined by installin vista but any rough idea??

wzub wht will be the base score of mine…i knw it can b determined by installin vista but any rough idea??
[/quote]

how can he tell you if he doesn’t know what kind of PC you got

well my signature reflect my system bro.......anyways my system is

core 2 duo e4500 2.2ghz

1gb Ram ddr2

8600gt ddr2 512mb

250gb sata1 7200rpm

well my signature reflect my system bro…anyways my system is

core 2 duo e4500 2.2ghz

1gb Ram ddr2

8600gt ddr2 512mb

250gb sata1 7200rpm

[/quote]

The ram is low

btw the experience score doesnt matters its the performance that matters i think your system can run vista fine but you need atleast 1 gb of more ram and vista will kick a** on your PC :)

i am sick and tired of Vista.

Installation of XP takes almost 1.5Gb, Installation of Vista takes 15 to 20 Gb.

Vista is very heavy on resources

i am sick and tired of Vista.

Installation of XP takes almost 1.5Gb, Installation of Vista takes 15 to 20 Gb.

Vista is very heavy on resources

[/quote]

it isn’t meant for Pentium 3s :confused: get over it

its a known fact that vista requires high resources so stop whining about it

and it doesn’t takes 15-20 GB for sure it is the recommended size of the partition in which you install vista

do one thing upgrade to windows 98 it just takes few MB of harddisk space

The ram is low

btw the experience score doesnt matters its the performance that matters i think your system can run vista fine but you need atleast 1 gb of more ram and vista will kick a** on your PC :)

[/quote]

@Saad Ibrahim

thnx bro i wil surely buy another 1gig of ram