Difference between PTCL and LINKdotNET?

Is PTCL broadband is better then Link.net

There's no difference if your fone line is good. Both work well. There's a slight difference between their package rates which you can check by visiting respective sites. Customer support of Link dot net is better.

in LDN u get slightly high ping comp. to ptcl. btw ptcl is supplying the dsl to ldn which is doing business. u can understand now.

in ptcl,u get student package on 1 mb only,but in ldn u get it on every package.

http://www.mylink.net.pk/Services/Tariff.aspx check ldn rates here

ptcl rates here, http://www.ptcl.com.pk/contentp.php?NID=190

^ Learn to use the edit button. You're just increasing the length of the thread unnecessarily.

^

or his post count..

it looks awfully irritating...

hmmmmmmmm

WRT the pings, some have said they get pretty low (i.e. good) pings.

Thought I'd toss in another fact in the barrell...

It totally depends on your landline.If its good than any isp internet will work smoothly.The main thing is the PTCL landline.To be honest if your landline is noisy then don't bother to apply for the connection.My landline is too noisy,I always make complains but nothing happens..they have no idea except saying UG fault (underground fault).I got the last option to email PTA and see what's their reaction.Really its so sad that nothing is working for an ordinary citizen in Pakistan.

hmmmm

have you considered greasing the palm of the line man?

Well i am using both LDN and PTCL. In my personal experience PTCL is good for torrents

whereas LDN is good for browsing. LDN's telephone line still have slight noise issue

despite having greased the lineman and getting both numbers telephone wire changed.

Customer service(telephone helpline) of LDN is more responsive compared to PTCL,but ptcl isn't that bad either. Bottom line is that if your telephone line is noise free then both of them would work fine. Noise in telephone line can make your life miserable .

772285331.png

772289198.png

PTCL is Suzuki

LinkDotNet is honda.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Well i am using both LDN and PTCL. In my personal experience PTCL is good for torrents

whereas LDN is good for browsing. LDN’s telephone line still have slight noise issue

despite having greased the lineman and getting both numbers telephone wire changed.

Customer service(telephone helpline) of LDN is more responsive compared to PTCL,but ptcl isn’t that bad either. Bottom line is that if your telephone line is noise free then both of them would work fine. Noise in telephone line can make your life miserable .

772285331.png

772289198.png

[/quote]

dont you wana compare rates for both too?

ptclvsldn.png

so bottom line is service of both is almost same…

but LDN wins in Rates…

so LDN wins…

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

dont you wana compare rates for both too?

ptclvsldn.png

so bottom line is service of both is almost same…

but LDN wins in Rates…

so LDN wins…

[/quote]

Are you sure Taxes are applicable on Broadband charges? can you post a bill scan

^

sorry i dont have bill..

but u can call their help line.. and ask the question.. they ll confirm you...

or any generous member from here can also post their bills...

the tax is applied on whole BILL .. whether broadband charges are included or not...

even if the taxes are not applied[which aint true] still LDN rates OWN PTCL...

Tax is applied after all the calculations in your bill have been done. Basically, they charg withholding tax and service tax (10% and 19.5%). And since DSL is in the bill, that ends up getting taxed too.

Other ISPs, however, don't charge for tax (I _think_ they have it within their advertised price)

^

no they are exempted from TAX

due to some rule...