Difference between CRT and LCD monitor

CRT are cheaper and takes more space versus LCD. ANYTHING else now a days why ppl prefer LCD even it is too much expensive?

Lower power consumption.

Be a responsible citizen. use LCD.

Say NO! to CRT.

Also my experience is that LCD is good for your eyes. No stress or harmful rays as in the case of CRT

best of all your eyes don't start hurting after a while

well LCDs will gradually become cheap

LCDs can be stressful on the eyes if used continuously for excessively long time. CRTs are much worse in this regard.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

best of all your eyes don’t start hurting after a while

well LCDs will gradually become cheap

[/quote]

used monitor cost is around 5-6k in LHR and brand new starts from 8, 11k

LCDs can be stressful on the eyes if used continuously for excessively long time. CRTs are much worse in this regard.
[/quote]

I used pc almost 7-8 hours on daily base

Maybe its because I haven't been with CRTs much, but I can't comfortable look at a CRT monitor for very long, while I daily spend ~13 Hours in front of LCD which on another note I find much clearer comapred to CRTs I've seen (Though I know technically CRTs should be more clear). The only draw back of my LCD I can think of (which is not that much big deal for me atm) is its maximum resolution of 1024. Other than that, It makes my PC almost a laptop, as I can pack my whole pc in my bag to carry it with me :D. And they have become very cheap in last few years.

I used pc almost 7-8 hours on daily base

[/quote]

Compare that to 15 hours per day with little or no breaks. :confused:

I certainly do not miss the times I used to do that in the past. It is relief.

sometimes when u r tired den lcd hurts on eyes much but always keep the brightness to comfort level it will help

CRT's are found in museums, while LCD's are found everywhere.

And also, I don't know about Pakistan, but here in Canada at least, shops have stopped selling new CRT's all together, so there is the issue of lack of options when buying a CRT unless you buy a second hand one. They've even fazed out 17 inch LCD monitors, and 19 inch LCD's are the new base.

Maybe its because I haven’t been with CRTs much, but I can’t comfortable look at a CRT monitor for very long, while I daily spend ~13 Hours in front of LCD which on another note I find much clearer comapred to CRTs I’ve seen (Though I know technically CRTs should be more clear). The only draw back of my LCD I can think of (which is not that much big deal for me atm) is its maximum resolution of 1024. Other than that, It makes my PC almost a laptop, as I can pack my whole pc in my bag to carry it with me :D. And they have become very cheap in last few years.
[/quote]

It’s not as much an issue of clarity between CRTs and LCDs as much as issues like accurate color rendering, the ‘blackness’ of the black color and refresh rates on older LCDs.

Native resolution is an issue, unfortunately. Only a bigger sized screen will solve that issue.

CRT (21inch 3 years old): Higher resolution(can go beyond 2000 pixels), Better color.

LCD (Laptop 14.1 inch 2 months old): Sharpness is much more than CRT, Viewing angle is narrow. Most of them have aspect ratio of 16:10, which is better than 4:3 of CRT.

If you have poor eyesight then consider that the native resolution in LCD monitors is fixed very high. you can change the resolution but it doesn't display as good a picture as its native resolution.

If your like me and still using 800x600(!) on your 19" CRT imagine the eyestrain of a 19" LCD monitor with a native resolution of 1440x900! I tried setting my CRT to that resolution and followed the various tips on the Internet including increasing the fonts DPI but the text was still to small to read especially on web pages. I don't think LCDs are for me.

Be sure to test drive an LCD before buying it.

And also, I don’t know about Pakistan, but here in Canada at least, shops have stopped selling new CRT’s all together, so there is the issue of lack of options when buying a CRT unless you buy a second hand one. They’ve even fazed out 17 inch LCD monitors, and 19 inch LCD’s are the new base.
[/quote]

All the used CRTs were dumped in Pakistan and other developing countries that allowed such imports. That lowered the price of used CRT monitors significantly. I bought my used dell 19" monitor of 2003 make for Rs. 3500 back in 2006. I would never have been able to afford a large CRT monitor had prices not fallen so much.

as a graphic designer i m not comfortable with lcd s available here, they have very different and odd colors and level of details as compared to crt so i m using LCD and crt both at a same time. But i feel more comfortable with CRT.