Difference between copper & silver wire?

i want to know b/w copper and silver wire ???

how can i know that i have copper wire or not ??? is this the telephone wire coming from pole or ...,backbone cable that is connected to fiber optic?

I do not exactly understand what you are trying to say, but if you are asking difference between a wire made from copper and one made from silver then I can safely say that telephone wires are not made from silver. They will become ridiculously expensive if they were. Your telephone wires are made from copper.

me too neva heard of a silver wire being used for telephony purposes.....!

First time I'm hearing about this. I know Gold is commonly used for electronic interconnects, but if we had silver wires running overhead, I'd imagine thieves would have a field day ;)

silver has less resistance than copper wire, read that in physics. My physics sir said that too, theives would be found on electricity towers if wires were made out of silver.

i am telling what i have heart form line man :P .... i am confused so i post it here :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i am telling what i have heart form line man :P … i am confused so i post it here :)
[/quote]

Teach a few things to the line man then that silver wires are not used in overhead telephone distribution ;)

There is only copper and fiber optic cable used here.