Dialup is free for all PTCL DSL users

i red it on newspaper today. the question is can you use dialup while you are using broadband and real question is why someone wanna use dialup when he got access to high speed dsl.? its a little weird, don't you think.

dialup number is 13177777

username and pass word : ptcl

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i red it on newspaper today. the question is can you use dialup while you are using broadband and real question is why someone wanna use dialup when he got access to high speed dsl.? its a little weird, don’t you think.

dialup number is 13177777

username and pass word : ptcl

[/quote]

It is a good thing.What if your dsl is down and you want to check your emails urgently?

sounds cool

Wouldn't it normally be that your phone line will be the problem IF your dsl is down? so dialup is of no use then......

its only gud if dsl is wrong on ptcl side and not due to ur phone line....

Just an added bonus for people who like the screeching sounds of a dialup modem :)

Stop complaining and take whatever you're getting for free!

idea didnot appealed me!

Just an added bonus for people who like the screeching sounds of a dialup modem :)

Stop complaining and take whatever you’re getting for free!

[/quote]

I know we should be grateful for anything in this country but WTF…this is indeed a silly (if not useless) offer :expressionless:

It is useless offer as when using broadband connection that is 256K up and 256K down in least who shall going to use dial-up.

In PTCL, till now 512K is minimum which is pretty connection whereas, Dial-up is only 56K.

See a time when ADSL goes then its MUST a fault in PIE in PTCL's case so how shall dial-up works when ADSL wouldn't.

But i found one advantage in this offer that when full broadband is utilized then dial-up would be alternative.

LOL, if your DSL goes out, chances are dial-up won't work either and well its not free. You are paying 1200/2000/5000 respectively for their DSL per month :P.

Haha. Ptcl just trying to make people a fool here or what?

Its obvious. If DSL not working the problem is most likely in the phone line and then dial up wont work either so its an ABSURD, absolutely ABSURD package by PTCL. They KNOW that DSL users wont use Dial up so they gave it to them for free?? LOL

Last week PTCL was upgrading their hardware at the exchange and all dsl links were dead for 5 hours. It could come in handy for some guys who need to check their mail or something incase something happens in the future

what about ip address. will dsl and dialup have the same ip address? like if you are banned by some site or your download limit is up or something you can use the other connection.

what about ip address. will dsl and dialup have the same ip address? like if you are banned by some site or your download limit is up or something you can use the other connection.
[/quote]

ptcl has dynamic ips so i dont think that that wud be a big problem

Wouldn’t it normally be that your phone line will be the problem IF your dsl is down? so dialup is of no use then…

its only gud if dsl is wrong on ptcl side and not due to ur phone line…

[/quote]

I had problem of voice but dsl was working and vice versa. So, if any reason DSL due to exchange problem or modem problem, you my use dialup for necessary work.

Sometimes the fibers get cut for DSL and thats when Dial up can come into play. The situations will be rare but it is something to know you can fall back upon.

Sometimes the fibers get cut for DSL and thats when Dial up can come into play. The situations will be rare but it is something to know you can fall back upon.
[/quote]

yeah thats good but all you ever gonna do with dialup is to check your emails or browse wikipedia. you can’t download axxo flicks or new album or some game on dialup, so in a way dialup sucks.

It is silly in that nobody who has DSL will use dialup (unless they don't have a router and have to use 2 internet connections at the same time!?).

But is this really hurting anyone? Why are people bothered so much?

But they arent just handing Dial Up over and going "Here, go download axxo for us". They're just giving it to you to browse your e-mail at most as the downtime wont usually be long

PTCL is fooling totally why any dsl user will use free dialup if he has fast dsl connection at home . If its totally free for every ptcl phone user that offer makes some logic.

If some one use dsl how he can feel to use useless ptcl dialup which has just 28 Kilo bits per sec maximum even hardly.Its dam slow more than any other dialup.

.Eventhey make it free when i have to use dialup i will never prefer to use.I will go for anyother isp.

[/quote]

Hi You are right and i suggest PTCL that if he is happy to offer free Dialup Connection then it should be free for V-Fone

specially for those who is using it’s DSL and also have V-fone at home/office etc but should be DSL Subscriber then it can be beneficial for DSL user.

also if PTCL can offer some discount to Student Package and Dsl Discount on HEC then also it shoul dbe for reguler user’s on some conditions. this should think PTCL by it self ??? then may annoyed user can approch them.

As per my Opnion PTCL should really think about their internet services as really really pathatic.

PTCL should offer everything for free..:/