Diallog Wireless Internet

I am going for a diallog wireless internet bcoz I have no PTCL line for DSL.

Can Anybody share his experiances of Diallog Wireles internet, Specially

i) Average Download Speed

ii) Call disconnnection , if Any

1) Average download speed is 10-12KBps in my area.

2) When using their Huawei set, the internet sometimes gets disconnected, but cannot be connected again until a restart, especially on Vista. P.s. it's serial and has got a weird setup.

But it's good enough, way better than vPTCL, but not better than GoCDMA.

if u cant get dsl and want solid speed of around 62-64 than get Wateen but be warned when u buy u will get almost no support from wateen regarding the issues

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

1) Average download speed is 10-12KBps in my area.

2) When using their Huawei set, the internet sometimes gets disconnected, but cannot be connected again until a restart, especially on Vista. P.s. it’s serial and has got a weird setup.

But it’s good enough, way better than vPTCL, but not better than GoCDMA.

[/quote]

Asad_N… Thanks for Reply

i) Can You give me Average DownLoad During Day time and Off Peak hrs(Night)

ii) And Your browsing experiance

iii) Whisch Set is the Best one

Asad_N… Thanks for Reply

i) Can You give me Average DownLoad During Day time and Off Peak hrs(Night)

ii) And Your browsing experiance

iii) Whisch Set is the Best one

[/quote]

1) I mentioned the speed at peak hours :)

2) Browsing is fine, although there are few sluggish moments here and there, similar to most of the ISPs in pakistan.

3) I can’t say that, but you can try Huawei. Sorry my bad, actually I’m using a F20 Aiji system. I originally wanted to get Huawei set, but due to availability issues, I went with their Aiji f20 one. Huawei or Hantel one might work better as they both use USB connection instead of Serial one. Whereas, Aiji set uses Serial -> USB converter.

you might also want to give worldcall wireless a try. Its unlimited internet package costs Rs. 575. It gives me a download speed of 10-15 kilobytes / sec during day time and after 9 pm speed drops to 7-8 kilobytes / sec. browsing is good as well. before deciding please ask other users in your area about the service quality.

you might also want to give worldcall wireless a try. Its unlimited internet package costs Rs. 575. It gives me a download speed of 10-15 kilobytes / sec during day time and after 9 pm speed drops to 7-8 kilobytes / sec. browsing is good as well. before deciding please ask other users in your area about the service quality.
[/quote]

which area and city you are experiening this speed… ???

as far i have heard from this forum , average speed is 3 KB at peak hours… that is why i opted for Indigo unlimited… but i am not happy with that too as i am experiencing 2 to 3 KB mostly… not satisfactory at all.

I am going for a diallog wireless internet bcoz I have no PTCL line for DSL.

Can Anybody share his experiances of Diallog Wireles internet, Specially

i) Average Download Speed

ii) Call disconnnection , if Any

[/quote]

Raja sahab why don’t you order a ptcl line?

Raja sahab why don’t you order a ptcl line?

[/quote]

I wish PTCL land line was so easy to get by just ordering it. I ordered it a month ago and they told me after I checked back that no line is available in your area. I live in Gulzar-e-Quaid, Rawalpindi. My neighbours are usind DSL. Thats the service and coverage of PTCL.

which area and city you are experiening this speed… ???

as far i have heard from this forum , average speed is 3 KB at peak hours… that is why i opted for Indigo unlimited… but i am not happy with that too as i am experiencing 2 to 3 KB mostly… not satisfactory at all.

[/quote]

Try Zong Unlimited it is giving me download speed of 8-12 KB/sec mostly, on EDGE.You will get 3-4 KB/sec on GPRS. Are you getting 2-3KB/sec on GPRS or EDGE on Indigo unlimited?