Diallog obtains license; plans for EV-DO

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Islamabad, February 26, 2008: DIALLOG, a wireless local loop operator, has completed acquisition of additional licenses to operate across Pakistan in a single frequency spectrum of 450MHz. The company is entering new territories with a vision to deploy a broadband network with the widest coverage reach.

DIALLOG will roll out and operate one of the first wireless broadband data networks in the region based on robust and proven CDMA EV-DO (Evolution-Data Optimized) third generation technology. It is adopted across the globe with over 80 million subscribers on four continents.

With peak data rate over 3 Mbps, the users will be able to send and receive large files, email with attachments, high resolution photographs and personal videos from their portable devices. With its low network latency and IP-based broadband architecture, the network will support time-sensitive interactive applications, such as Voice over IP and video telephony, with always on user experience.

The unique frequency spectrum of 450MHz ensures the widest reach compared to any other wireless network. Lower frequency results in better propagation of the signal and expanded coverage, while 450MHz is the lowest frequency spectrum available in Pakistan for commercial operations. This enables the network to span across rural areas, presently deprived of any option for broadband data access.

DIALLOG will reach people in every corner of the country, to close communication gaps and to bring friends and family closer. "DIALLOG is a young company with aspirations to develop the latest technology here in Pakistan. Acquiring these licenses to enable our vision is a great achievement and a matter of pride for our team,” said Mr. Artem Orange, CEO, DIALLOG. “Imagine that you can get connected to the Internet wherever you are, without any wires attached, at the lightning speed of the future."

Mr. Parvez Iftikhar, CEO, Universal Service Fund Company established by Ministry of IT & Telecom, commented: "Endeavors like this one from DIALLOG will help to improve broadband penetration in the country which is rather dismal at the moment. USF Company is following up a strategy to help in this."

Tremendous growth potential of the Pakistani telecom market, especially broadband segment with present penetration under 0.1% of the population, along with the ever growing need to communicate in the modern Internet world, makes network expansion an enormous opportunity for DIALLOG to bring customers the solutions they seek. DIALLOG, along with its technology partners, aims to deliver a high-class communication infrastructure across Pakistan, to redefine the way Pakistan communicates.

[/quote]

More: http://diallog.com.pk/press/news/id_175/

that will b kool. other day i was browsing an indian broadband forums and users of BSNL EVDO were ecstatic with their 850 Per month 2+ mbps Wireless connection.

That will be direct competition with WiMax and DSL

when whis service will be available in Lahore. . . i will wait for it curiously . . .

i guess it will be rolled out to remote areas first where no DSL is available

i guess it will be rolled out to remote areas first where no DSL is available
[/quote]

yes first in remote areas

their wll cdma network is only available in Islamabad don't see them launching EVDO country wide any sooner. Maybe they will be only limited to Islamabad. On the other hand, i have learned that PTCL is in process of testing their EVDO network anyone got any news when are they gonna launch?

Its fake because like Wateen says that they will provide coverage to no. of cities. Yet they are only been able to provide the WiMax to only large cities.

their wll cdma network is only available in Islamabad don’t see them launching EVDO country wide any sooner. Maybe they will be only limited to Islamabad. On the other hand, i have learned that PTCL is in process of testing their EVDO network anyone got any news when are they gonna launch?
[/quote]

click the link info about PTCL EVDO

http://zenubia.wordpress.com/2008/02/18/sneak-preview-evdo-high-speed-wireless-broadband-by-ptcl/