DHL, custom charges?

Hi,

I am expecting a package from DHL, I sent it through Shipito, and I filled in the customs declaration form, I marked the items as gifts and declared the value which is $49.90.

How much custom charges can I expect to pay?

what is the items it depends from 35 to 65 % of the value

[quote=“multichoice, post:2, topic:21236”]

what is the items it depends from 35 to 65 % of the value

[/quote]

Clothing

Now, we have to pay custom on gift items too?

^ You have to pay something. The amount may not be customs duty but other charges including handling, airport fees etc.

Ship an empty box to Pakistan and I am pretty sure customs/charges will still be imposed.

Is there any online resource detailing exact laws and amounts about customs on postal/courier packages from abroad. Or is it a free-for-all thing like "jitna ho sakay ghaseet lo"?

[quote=“SupMA5TER, post:6, topic:21236”]

Is there any online resource detailing exact laws and amounts about customs on postal/courier packages from abroad. Or is it a free-for-all thing like "jitna ho sakay ghaseet lo"?

[/quote]

I think it depends upon the value of the product declared in customs declarations...not sure though...

[quote=", post:5, topic:21236"]

^ You have to pay something. The amount may not be customs duty but other charges including handling, airport fees etc.

Ship an empty box to Pakistan and I am pretty sure customs/charges will still be imposed.

[/quote]

Well, how much can I expect to pay then, on $50 worth of clothing?

About Rs.1200-2000, saying from my experience with DHL. The box size plays a big role instead of invoice value.

DHL gets it's shipments bulk cleared. They file a single Bill of Entry for all packets each day (or for one flight) and suppose they pay Rs. 100,000 for the whole items. After that they divide it on each packet according to it's invoice value and some other variables which I never came to know in spite of my curiosity. They never disclosed the actual formula.

I received three parcels from FedEx last year - a web cam, a small backdrop (long, tubular box) and a t-shirt. I wasn't charged customs for it, whilst the monetary price for all of these may have exceeded a good chunk (it was a Logitech webcam with stereo microphones... the one with the blue light).

It depends what you write on the customs declaration form, and possibly, from where, I believe.

I just got my Package, I was charged 3400rs...this is way too expensive...it is almost more than 50% of the total value of the product...other charges were reasonable but the Highest amount was Government dues which were 2900rs(Is this the custom duty?)...how can I reduce it in the future? I mean, by reducing the value of the product declared? and how is it calculated actually?

[quote=“pure_evil, post:10, topic:21236”]

I just got my Package, I was charged 3400rs...this is way too expensive...it is almost more than 50% of the total value of the product...other charges were reasonable but the Highest amount was Government dues which were 2900rs(Is this the custom duty?)...how can I reduce it in the future? I mean, by reducing the value of the product declared? and how is it calculated actually?

[/quote]

didnt i said 35 to 65 % of the value ? :)

^ Yup you were totally right :)

:lol: ,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.