Desktop Computer making noise

Can anyone help me?My Desktop is making alot of noise now a days,whenever i hit it it stops for a tiny second and then starts again however it stops when the window is completely loaded i want to know that how to stop this noise and also tell me that is it a bad thing for my desktop?

Thanks

I believe its because of either your power supply's fan or the processor cooling fan. Just use a blower to blow off the dust and you should be fine. Sometimes, the chasis is loose. Make sure all the screws are tight and you should be fine. You mentioned windows loading to be having an affect on the fan. This could be just because of excessive CPU usage at that time, thus requiring the fan to speed up, or even the HDD. Please don't hit the Desktop as it can damage your hard drive while it is at its full rotational speed.

fahdi

I clean my CPU both inside and outside after each single week,and as for my processor i have just installed Avast,Skype,UTorrent and IDM that load on starting so what's the problem?

fahdi

I clean my CPU both inside and outside after each single week,and as for my processor i have just installed Avast,Skype,UTorrent and IDM that load on starting so what's the problem?

If it stops when windows is fully loaded, then it can only be HDD. Hard disks are mechanical objects inside and after a while, some start giving noises.

SupMA5TER

So is it dangerous for my Desktop?

</p><p>	 

It's likely a fan in your PC that is going bad. Either CPU cooling fan, power supply fan or case fan. Identify which fan it is and replace it. Also FYI CPU and processor are the same thing. What you are calling CPU is actually called the case.

rokra

Okay i'll do replace it and is it dangerous for my PC?

[quote=“MarcusMarcel, post:7, topic:20477”]

rokra

Okay i'll do replace it and is it dangerous for my PC?

[/quote]

Yes it means the fan is going to fail so better to replace it soon.

rokra

Which Fan?

^ which ever is makng the noise.. open your pc casing.. and listen to the noise.. your ear should be able to locate if it is coming from the PSu or the CPU fan.. cpu and PSU fans need air blowing only.. as they are small and fast so usually they are fine.. the PSU fan are much larger and noisy and it needs full washing and cleaning with surf and a lot of other materials for cleaning and lube. my PSU fan needs cleaning every 5-6 months.. it makes noise like a generator.. after cleaning it is dead silent for many moths.. just did it yesterday.. :)

Donot open your PSU if you dont know what you are doing. it is very dangerous, and may give you electric shock ro you could burn your PSU..

farhan_ds

Do you mean by PSu fan the fan which is located in Supply?and i've not got a blower for my pc since 2012 so do you really think that a blower can provide solution to my problem?

Hello!

- First, whenever the PC boots up, the fans spin up to full speed and the processor has a startup 'mode' that pushes it to max voltage (and temp)

- As soon as it posts, it uses the BIOS settings (if any) to determine fan speed ... fans may spin down a little

- Then, windows starts to boot from the HDD ... this causes the HDD to make some noise especially noticeable during winter (as there is no noise from ceiling fans)

- When win/OS finishes booting up, either the BIOS or OS settings come into play wrt CPU idling ... like newer processors have many different idle modes to reduce power usage (and in doing so reducing the temps)

- If you have a Graphics card with fan, it'll also follow similar pattern

Now, if you have a comparably (2007 onwards) newer business class branded PC, it'll almost certainly have in-built protection against failing components including fans ... like if the cpu fan fails, the system will tell you that the cpu fan is not spinning! ... for HDDs there is SMART support that may also warn you of a failing hard disk!

If you don't have a branded PC, the motherboard may support these features and you may also be able to download a monitoring utility from the manufacturer's site giving info on fan speed and PSU voltages!

Also, running the PC on a generator or UPS (non pure sinewave) may cause screeching sounds from the power supply due to additional stress on the components!

So, since you have cleaned up the cpu and are not having any other issues like freezing/hangs, you may not worry about it ... its just that you have become aware of the noise due to less ambient noise in winter season!

Regards,

Ahmed Faraz

ahmedfarazch

Yes it only happens in Winter and take for example that i have shut down my pc at 5:30 PM and then i would start it again at 5:45PM but this time it won't make noise on startup.But if i start my PC after 3-4 hours it makes noise is it because of Processor Heating Up because it's Winter so processor needs to be hot or at normal temprature to work. So do you think that it'll not put any damage to my PC?

Thanks

Just air blow everything in your pc.. that should provide some benefit.. if no benefit in noise reduction, atleast your pc will be cleaned..

farhan_ds

Okay i'll get a blower as soon as possible.