Desi UPS vs China Power Inverters

Hi Guys, Yesterday I went to a desi UPS maker and found that he will make 800W UPS for me for 8800 rupees excluding battery. He will give 6 months warranty for only transformer. I saw that for this price there are some 8000W (yes 8 thousand) china power inverters with charger (ups as they claim) available in market but i think without warranty. So my question is that can anyone here guide me which one to buy as summer is really cooking these days and our government is also participating by doing terrible loadshedding of 16-18 Hours daily.

My need is simple I want to run 1 fan + 2 energy savers up to 6-8 hours (2 fans + 2 energy savers when some guest drops in.... rarely :) )... so what solution will best fit me. any suggestion or detail for good brand inverter is also needed.

Thanks guys. waiting for your valuable feedback...

Nasir

these monkeys made ups are no match to chinese industrial poduce goods .. at least in my village in dikhan this is the view about these ,,,

@Jhagra: Are these inverters with charger and work like ups. can you name a few good ones. as some time ago i saw a video on youtube that 1000W inverter was not even taking load of 4 x 100W bulbs.... Don't know how efficient they are.

Any one else that have used these china inverters and want to share his experience?

yar nost chinbese come with one brand if they are hit then all will lbel their products with that name so u get mix things.. and also these chinese items change their names frequently its useless to buy if u just go by brand... they dont have branding .. u have to rely on the seller to give u good item which can gaurantee its specs...

label tho aksar dealer and dukandar khud lagathay hain..

i have ot seen a charger invereter in one pack .. may be these are new things.. but if something new from china hiuts market that certaiblky has somne juice in it.. verify from te shokeeper dealer if iut is what it says and buy then.. most chines goods are over spec'ed..

Thanks Jhagra, So it means I have to check with shopkeeper and enjoy hot weather :)

Nasir why dont u buy Homage Inverter for 10500 to 11000...600 watt as it can run 4 fans and 8 savers i myself checked it as i have one and ur need is 2 fans and 2 savers...

Pathfinder you may be right but I have heard so much bad words about homage in this forum and other forums too about their issues and bad support that I don't want to make round trips to their service center in these hot days.

Yesterday I visited another DESI UPS maker and he offered 700W for 8000Rs with 1 year transformer, 3 months parts and 6 months service warranty... It is square wave setup but i think will work as I only need to run fan and lights.

I am interested in making my own inverter but need some info regarding inverter transformer winding schematic and kits used in it. If anyone here can provide such information then I can be prevented from being robbed by seasonal ups makers :)

Seriously guys, I joined this forum to get help in making my own simplest inverter/ups but not found good response so diverted to buying a ups as it is hell hot out there.

First use it yourself and see how it works out...homage is doing well for me.The rule is keep it clean from dust.

hmmm. thanks koder, I will check it out but still I like to experiment making one myself.

My Sogo rechargeable fan dies in 30 minutes even on low speed because due to too much loadshedding. So I bought a 9v 1Amp transformer hooked up some diodes to make a bridge rectifier. Last day I charged the fan battery for just 2 hours and it gave me 1.5 hour backup.... that's gr8

So looking for some advise from some techies here... Ijaz Ahmed or someone else can you suggest me some material or info?

[quote=“nasirjavaid, post:9, topic:17404”]

hmmm. thanks koder, I will check it out but still I like to experiment making one myself.

My Sogo rechargeable fan dies in 30 minutes even on low speed because due to too much loadshedding. So I bought a 9v 1Amp transformer hooked up some diodes to make a bridge rectifier. Last day I charged the fan battery for just 2 hours and it gave me 1.5 hour backup… that’s gr8

So looking for some advise from some techies here… Ijaz Ahmed or someone else can you suggest me some material or info?

[/quote]

Actually I was told by a shopkeeper that I can get a UPS transformer between 1800 to 2800. So it means if I manage to get a transformer and couple of inverter kits used in ups and hook them up I can make a good UPS in 5000Rs … better than buying one in 8000Rs…

[quote=“nasirjavaid, post:9, topic:17404”]

So looking for some advise from some techies here… Ijaz Ahmed or someone else can you suggest me some material or info?

[/quote][quote=“nasirjavaid, post:10, topic:17404”]

Actually I was told by a shopkeeper that I can get a UPS transformer between 1800 to 2800. So it means if I manage to get a transformer and couple of inverter kits used in ups and hook them up I can make a good UPS in 5000Rs … better than buying one in 8000Rs…

[/quote]

If you just want a DIY then go for making your own. But if trying to save Rs.3,000 then I will not recommend it if you are a beginner in this field.

Transformer + Kit + Heatsinks + Transistors + Wiring + a housing + Thick DC Wires + High power rectifiers is a great hassle and is much >>> Rs. 8,000

All these Homage, Inverex, Mercury, SAKO are same from inside. One design copied by many others in China.

I have been using a Mercury Radiant for over 2 years, not even had a single problem.

[quote=", post:11, topic:17404"]

If you just want a DIY then go for making your own. But if trying to save Rs.3,000 then I will not recommend it if you are a beginner in this field.

Transformer + Kit + Heatsinks + Transistors + Wiring + a housing + Thick DC Wires + High power rectifiers is a great hassle and is much >>> Rs. 8,000

[/quote]

Thank you Ijaz for your nice feedback. I think I just go and buy a UPS for my needs and when my room cools down during loadsheding then I go experimenting with DIY stuf :)

But you did not posted any link from where I can get my start for DIY.

[quote=", post:12, topic:17404"]

All these Homage, Inverex, Mercury, SAKO are same from inside. One design copied by many others in China.

I have been using a Mercury Radiant for over 2 years, not even had a single problem.

[/quote]

hmmm I have heard many bad things about homage… If you recommend Mercury then I can look for it and buy it if radiant series is good.

Thanks bro

[quote=“nasirjavaid, post:14, topic:17404”]

hmmm I have heard many bad things about homage… If you recommend Mercury then I can look for it and buy it if radiant series is good.

Thanks bro

[/quote]

While checking the specs of mercury radiant 1000 (600W) I found that its charging current is 10A max… It means it will charge a 150A battery in 15 Hours… :huh: Is it enough in the current situation of load shedding? 1 hour light coming and 1 hour going… sometimes 1 hour coming and 2-4 hours going :(

Where are you located ? In Rawalpindi, you can go DAV college road and you will find these brands.

Look for SAKO which has 20A charging, also newer models of Mercury have 20A charging. Homage is just expensive due to its name.

Yep.. homage charging is pretty much slow in current load shedding scenario .I am also thinking to get 12 v charger to boost its charging ratio.Mercury with 20Amp charging will be awesome.. I hope they provide what they state on box :D

[quote=", post:16, topic:17404"]

Where are you located ? In Rawalpindi, you can go DAV college road and you will find these brands.

Look for SAKO which has 20A charging, also newer models of Mercury have 20A charging. Homage is just expensive due to its name.

[/quote]

I am living in Lahore so you can imagine the intense heat here in this season. Yip Homage is out of question. I will look for other brands you mentioned. Thanks again

[quote=“koder, post:17, topic:17404”]

Yep… homage charging is pretty much slow in current load shedding scenario .I am also thinking to get 12 v charger to boost its charging ratio.Mercury with 20Amp charging will be awesome… I hope they provide what they state on box :D

[/quote]

Yeah separate charger is becoming a basic need due to heavy load shedding… The world of internet is really confusing as I can find several persons complaining Mercury too can you imagine :D… Now where can a person go :huh:

Tell me one thing. if i connect a high current charger in parallel to the existing setup and it will not damage the ups or (a rechargeable fan that i have and I detach battery before I charge it with external charger… now I want to fix the external charger inside the fan body and connect it to battery in parallel to existing charging circuit) or I will need to detach battery from the setup and connect high amp charger with it?

^ i also need the answer of this question as well and does someone have any experience with inverex. I want to replace my Local UPS with inverex