Desi UPS batteries ..how long?

The batteries How long do they last ?... I got installed a desi ups (1200W) with 2 AGS batteries about 6 months ago and now it looks like that the ups is on its death bed ...only gives a backup time of around 15 minutes and then dies down? what can be the possible problem?

- Batteries are dying a quick death.

- The load has increased compared to previous load.

in your case,they have died more quickly..But they havent long life either....maximum a year...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

in your case,they have died more quickly…But they havent long life either…maximum a year…
[/quote]

any reason that you guys can think of which caused the batteries to die within just 6 months ?

^ Most likely overcharging. Many of the Desi UPS do not have overcharge protection for batteries.

The batteries How long do they last ?.. what can be the possible problem?
[/quote]

Batteries usally need to be changed around a year. For this problrm i’ve experienced a litte different thing last year i bought a new ags battery but after 5 months it died. I was really upset and went to the shop i bought it . The person from whom i bought, was not there. The other person after checking the battery told me that this was a local remade battery and it had completed its life. He never accepted my words and it was totally loss. So make sure you’ve bought a new battery!

^ Most likely overcharging. Many of the Desi UPS do not have overcharge protection for batteries.
[/quote]

I’ve heard that on overcharging battery may explode, is it true?

I’ve heard that on overcharging battery may explode, is it true?

[/quote]

Very rare.

in the present scenario,if battery can survive 6 months then it is blessing too...I guess the most optimum solution for this is to use sin-wave UPS as they consume less power(varies with the load) as compared to square-wave UPS but price factor impedes tis thoughT...

Most "starting batteries" when used in deep cycle mode will last around 6 months. This article gives the time between 3-12 months. http://www.windsun.com/Batteries/Battery_FAQ.htm#Lifespan%20of%20Batteries