Dell xps slow mkv video problem?

i have a a new Dell XPS 1645 core i7 CPU Q740 @1.73Ghz,4.0GB RAM,ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 (1 MB) i have no problem at all in gameing plateform but when i run Mkv video file 720p,x264 in vlc player the image are shack littel bit and slow response in couple of seconds then he work fine any guy help me what can i do ? any better and positive suggestion are most welcome

best regards

Waheed

I have the same machine, only with the Q720 instead. No issues for me though on 720p playback or even 1080p for that matter.

#1 - You may want to check your video drivers

#2 - Perhaps the partition on the drive where the file resides is low on disk space?

#3 - Try running the file with your charger disconnected. If that works, then you need to google the throttling issue for the xps machines.

thnx for replying hashimk !

can u please describe where i can go to update Video driver dell website or ati radeon website ???

install CoreAVC codec i don't know link you can just google it

Try playing the videos on another video player.

For Graphics Card drivers, go to www.support.amd.com

[quote=“waheedkhan95, post:3, topic:15652”]

thnx for replying hashimk !

can u please describe where i can go to update Video driver dell website or ati radeon website ???

[/quote]

Use the Dell website. The catalyst drivers for the XPS are notorious for being a pain in the backside otherwise even if you get from amd.