Dell plans new PCs for China, India

where are dell plans for pakistan i wonder

full story here...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080320/ap_on_hi_te/china_dell;_ylt=AkiNdfJV4u7E7C61MofS969j24cA

we are the 9th largest country in the world with 150 million people>>>will nobody see the potential of our market

Who really cares about Dell. Brands just sell overpriced computers. Its cheaper to just go to a shop and build your own. And anyways local computer brands already exist like Inbox. You should support them! :)

i think big comapnies like Dell should introduce low cost pcs here according to the average income of pakistanis>>other big companies should follow suit because this is a big market and they should move here big time>>If the local shopkeeper or brands is turning a profit selling pcs here then why cant big brands see that>>more competition and even lower prices for the consumers will ensue

reason in my mind why multinationals are not in pakistan big time ,

piracy is big reason , look economy moves in cluster when software industry in pk will prosper then hardware and other related industries will also rise and vice versa , so if someone in cluster is holding back then it is difficult for others to move forward

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

reason in my mind why multinationals are not in pakistan big time ,

piracy is big reason , look economy moves in cluster when software industry in pk will prosper then hardware and other related industries will also rise and vice versa , so if someone in cluster is holding back then it is difficult for others to move forward

[/quote]

lol and of course there is absolutely no piracy in China or India :). Actually what these low cost pcs will be is either OS-less versions or Linux loaded ones. Either way the big “law abiding” companies can pretend that the end consumer will be installing legitimate windows on 'em :)

The real reason these branded manufacturers are not creating models for Pakistan is that the Indian and Chinese markets are many times larger than the Pakistani one. The Pakistani market is too small to warrant a local manufacturing facility much less a whole line of PCs.