Dell N5050? or 5040?

AoA.

Well,

First, I've been roaming through websites of various online laptop sales' shops in Pakistan and everywhere I've found different specs for Dell Inspiron 15 N5050 and N5040 laptops. On the Dell's official website, they say Dell 5050's RAM is 4 GB and Hard disk is "upto 500 GB" while on other sites it's different, same is with RAMs capacities, prices etc.

I want to ask that;

1) Are the laptops only available with the specs that are mentioned in the official website or can they be customized etc.? If they're available with different specs, then does it means they've been opened and not pin-packed/sealed?

2) Is Windows 7 Genuine already installed in Dell 5040 or 5050 or other Dell laptops?

3) What is a better choice b/w 5040 and 5050 ?

[quote=“Madridista, post:, topic:”]

1) Are the laptops only available with the specs that are mentioned in the official website or can they be customized etc.? If they’re available with different specs, then does it means they’ve been opened and not pin-packed/sealed?

2) Is Windows 7 Genuine already installed in Dell 5040 or 5050 or other Dell laptops?

3) What is a better choice b/w 5040 and 5050 ?

[/quote]

1) If you order directly to Dell, you can customize some of the laptops - for example, you can start customizing the N5040 here

http://configure.us…-15-intel-n5040

The technicians at Dell assemble laptop according to your order, and you can not say it is not pin packed.

2) Dell offers you Windows 7 Home Premium with most of their laptops - and it’s genuine of course.

3) I can not comment which is better between N5040 and N5050

About an year ago, I ordered E5500 Latitude and I customized it, price went about $400 up the base price of standard E5500.

If I'm not purchasing/ordering directly from Dell, and now that it's available with specs different from that are mentioned on official website, it surely means it has been opened and not pin-packed, right?

Thanks !

Just for example, if dealer 1 orders 10 Pcs with 2GB RAM and dealer 2 orders 20 Pcs with 4GB RAM, then?

If the company offers and accepts customized orders, you will see different specs in the same model.

@Madridista

I answered at:

Dell N 5050 is very good Laptop

Khurram Shahzad

Alaziz Online