Dell inspiron n5010 or 1564 which one is better

My friend is looking for some laptop, please suggest me which one is better, any guy with personal experience of it?? by the why our preference is without GPU version.

Go for n5010.

I was skeptical of the durability of N5010's hinges but after I saw one in Metro and fiddled with it, they seem more flexible and I think the newer design would probably be better. If it were up to me I'd go with N5010.

I have n5010.... ask my anything about it :)

^Hows its build quality?

we bought n5010, its excellent in this price range. core i 3 2.27, 2GB ram, 250 GB hdd, just for 49000.

N5010's hinges are factory fitted faulty :D. Its Inspiron 15R series. Its low price with latest hardware. So, Dell minimized costs by limiting build quality.

Inspiron 1545 was Dell's flagship. If you find it, get it. Otherwise, prefer Dell Studio or XPS.

^Could you elaborate on the hinges part?

Well dont go for either Dell 1564 or N5010, I have Dell N5010 2gb ram 250 hdd, got it when it just came, for 52.5k

1. Its keyboard sometimes pops out

2. It freezes randomly

The overall build quality is not that good. In looks the laptop is very good, but the glossy front catches finger prints too much, and gets scratched easily

I would recommend that you go for HP G62-111EE its core i3.350M and its 3gb ram and 320gb HDD

SinnerSynx and others who own this laptop, do you ever face freezes on this laptop ??

I have the Corei5 / ATI 4870 version of this laptop.

I don't use it most of the times, I only take it out when light is gone.

And by the way, no freezing problem. MashAllah.

It all depends on the hardware configuration of each, which processor do you need?

I recently bought a laptop and was also stuck choosing between 1564 and n5010 (i5 models that are available in KHI). Finally got n5010 due to two reasons:

1 - Relatively Better graphics card 5470 in n5010 vs 4330 in 1564

2 - Wireless N in n5010 vs Wireless G in 1564

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Well dont go for either Dell 1564 or N5010, I have Dell N5010 2gb ram 250 hdd, got it when it just came, for 52.5k

1. Its keyboard sometimes pops out

2. It freezes randomly

The overall build quality is not that good. In looks the laptop is very good, but the glossy front catches finger prints too much, and gets scratched easily

I would recommend that you go for HP G62-111EE its core i3.350M and its 3gb ram and 320gb HDD

SinnerSynx and others who own this laptop, do you ever face freezes on this laptop ??

[/quote]

Yeah I have Inspiron 1564 (i3, 2GB, Win 7 64 bit), and it does freeze occasionally (only sometimes)… Not a big issue. But I wonder why it does freeze sometimes?

I am guessing it has to do with the 2GB ram and Inpiron 1564 only supporting Win 7 64 bit (otherwise I would have installed 32 bit to get over the 2 GB Ram issue). And I read that for 64 bit, atleast 3GB should be installed. So I guess the problem is not with the laptop, the problem is with the configuration (get one with at least 3GB Ram).

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yeah I have Inspiron 1564 (i3, 2GB, Win 7 64 bit), and it does freeze occasionally (only sometimes)… Not a big issue. But I wonder why it does freeze sometimes?

I am guessing it has to do with the 2GB ram and Inpiron 1564 only supporting Win 7 64 bit (otherwise I would have installed 32 bit to get over the 2 GB Ram issue). And I read that for 64 bit, atleast 3GB should be installed. So I guess the problem is not with the laptop, the problem is with the configuration (get one with at least 3GB Ram).

[/quote]

about the 2gb thing, there is nothing wrong with 2 gb RAM on a 64bit machine using 64bit OS…and its definitely not the reason for freezing

Are you using Pirated Windows 7, and is it build 7600 ?. use “winver” command in run or search, to check build.