Dell GX280 not running

I have Dell Desktop GX280 with 2.8GHz, 1GB, 80GB, when i turn ON the CPU it only speedup the Processor Heatsink FAN, and does not show anything on display, but after restarting many times it runs perfect,

i don't know whats the problem that some times CPU works fine on once starting, some times several restarts, and even some times does not start(only speedup FAN).

maybe a typical PSU failure...lose capacitor or "maybe" the RAM is creating the problem...but my strong opinion is of PSU failure..

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:2, topic:15610”]

maybe a typical PSU failure…lose capacitor or “maybe” the RAM is creating the problem…but my strong opinion is of PSU failure…

[/quote]

I have check it with another power supply as well, but same problem, even RAM is also OK, and it does not give error beep sound when in full speed FAN.

have you tried taking out the processor blowing dust and re-inserting it...their might be a lose power connection on motherboard near processor..and by lose connection I mean any fat capacitor or fried IC..rest I leave to Mr.Ijaz Ahmed

same problem with my big bro CPU, two or three times in a months that happens.. speedup FAN, He calls me and I have to take out RAM from socket and re insert it. After that computer goes working.

Problem is solved: it is the fault of Processor socket, by pressing Processor computer is started normal,

b4 starting cpu, press the processor very strong by hand and then start the cpu, when it is started release the hand.

[quote=“trm33, post:6, topic:15610”]

b4 starting cpu, press the processor very strong by hand and then start the cpu, when it is started release the hand.

[/quote]

Dhakka Start PC :D

Problem just diagnosed, not solved yet.