Delivery men

Do these delivery men get paid on salary or do they rely on the "tip" by the customers?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Do these delivery men get paid on salary or do they rely on the “tip” by the customers?
[/quote]

i think they do get paid

they get paid coz most of the people don't tip them

btw what kind of question is that?

they get paid coz most of the people don’t tip them

btw what kind of question is that?

[/quote]

maybe he want to be a part time pizza boy? :expressionless:

Lol.

They get paid i think. I kinda feel a bit bad not to give any tip to the delivery guy.. But even then i dont give any tip :D.. Plus i think its Mc Donalds or KFC .. one of them have started including 10rs Tip builtin in the order. So now you have to pay 10 rs no matter what :P

Lol.

They get paid i think. I kinda feel a bit bad not to give any tip to the delivery guy… But even then i dont give any tip :D… Plus i think its Mc Donalds or KFC … one of them have started including 10rs Tip builtin in the order. So now you have to pay 10 rs no matter what :P

[/quote]

ya its KFC, they have a 10rs official tip for the delvery men.

maybe he want to be a part time pizza boy? :expressionless:

[/quote]

Your predictions are wrong. I am happy with my freelancing career!

Well, I never give tip to delivery boys so, I thought I’d ask and make sure that I am not harsh on them.

Well, I never give tip to delivery boys so, I thought I’d ask and make sure that I am not harsh on them.
[/quote]

sometimes we should

coz of the inflation people now cant run their home in their limited salaries

ever noticed how its always so hard for them to find the last 100 rupee note in their pockets. i sort of feel weird to keep standing there as he searches all his pockets just waiting for me to tell him that "its ok" but i keep standing there in dhitai till he hands me all my change back

I always tip....20 or 30. But tip I do :)

Seems more polite plus they are grateful and I am sure to get good service the next time around too.

I always tip…20 or 30. But tip I do :)

Seems more polite plus they are grateful and I am sure to get good service the next time around too.

[/quote]

Really? I mean does tipping really effect service?

depends on the size of the order, I tip delivery people anywhere from 5% to 15% which can add up to anywhere between Rs. 20 to Rs. 200 a order. At restaurant, I always tip at least 10% and usually more if the service was good up to 30% if they blew me away.

That being said, I make a point of tipping the staff around the home as well if they go above and beyond the call of duty. I am more inclined to tip if they don't ask, if they ask for a tip, it just pisses me off and they are likely to go away empty handed.

Really? I mean does tipping really effect service?

[/quote]

ya it does try it

ya it does try it

[/quote]

I agree. I had this delivery boy come thrice to my house. I bet he won’t come next time. I didn’t tip him. :P

well i dont know about tipping the delivery man but i do tip when i dine in.... i think the have low paid salaries...i havent thought about about delivery man untill this post but now i willl thanks for reminiding

Its always nice to tip em cuz its not the best paid job in the world..+WHen you have been given the opportunity to eat food worth hundreds of rupees... its always nice to remember those who cant afford this luxary... taking out a 20 or even a 50 wont put a dent in ur budget once in a while :P~. And from my experiance when ever i give out something to help the needy... i make almost twice the same that very month from sources and events i couldnot have even imagined about.. so try it.. i am sure u;ll feel great..playing ur part :)

Yeah, I always try to tip the delivery guys - 20 or 30 most of the time.

Waiters at a restaurant have different 'rates' I think!

Why should not we pay tip to them?? Atleast they doing work and robbing peoples. We dont mind when robbers took our money without our consent and even some lot money or goods. But why we KANJOOS to pay tip to those who really work and if we dont pay than they neither loot us nor they ask for tip.

Waiters at a restaurant have different ‘rates’ I think!
[/quote]

people tip more to waiters in big restaurants (like pizza hut) and less/nothing to waiters in small restaurants why?

i think it should the other way around

people tip more to waiters in big restaurants (like pizza hut) and less/nothing to waiters in small restaurants why?

i think it should the other way around

[/quote]

UMMMMMMMMMMM status symbol, what pizza hut staff will say!!!