Degree Attestation Question

well i reached Rawalpindi railway station on 5 am and then took a van numbered 1c dropped me at HEC and got in the queue and well went in the lab took the print out and all was well

now i reached home guys and believe it or not to my surprise the stamp on the attestation was 21 jan 2012 which should have been 2013 i am back in Lahore and all those who got their degrees and certificates attested has the same date printed almost i crossed checked another guy whom i met there.

now what?

should i go back to Islamabad :'( or should i visit Lahore's regional office?

[quote=", post:41, topic:18369"]

well i reached Rawalpindi railway station on 5 am and then took a van numbered 1c dropped me at HEC and got in the queue and well went in the lab took the print out and all was well
now i reached home guys and believe it or not to my surprise the stamp on the attestation was 21 jan 2012 which should have been 2013 i am back in Lahore and all those who got their degrees and certificates attested has the same date printed almost i crossed checked another guy whom i met there.
now what?
should i go back to Islamabad :’( or should i visit Lahore’s regional office?
[/quote]

Is the date stamped by hec before u got degree or after?

What is the date on degree?

I m certain that it will have stamped the 2012 date on those ppls degree who actually got degree in 2013,

This should cause a great problem.

It should be highlighted by media otherwise if u go abroad u will be suspected of forgery.

Really sad…

It’s blunder and should be rectified.

But it will be a real issue for those whose degree completion date is after the stamped one.

Those ppl should be ready for the ill. Effect if this blunder as his employeer would simply throw him out when he sees the dates or the employee would be tormented

Now the first logical thing to do is to go to nearest hec office anything and inform ur university administration of it and also highlight it through media so tomorrow in case if need u have some of proof of this hec blunder and get relief through this media publication

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

how can i highlight this issue through media?

yeah i am in such a situation in which i graduated in 11 July 2012 but the stamp says 21 January 2012 :(

now i will be dropping by HEC in Gulberg now lets see what they say

i have another guy now and his degree is also attested as 2012 looks like they have attested the whole batch of yesterday as 2012 such a pity and shame.

now their is a process of re verification in which HEC re verifies the degrees. i think they will re verify the degree in order to rectify the stamp

Bloody hell yar. Didn't you checked the date on spot and asked HEC?

Before reporting it to media first of all contact HEC. Media is more corrupt compared to HEC.

[quote=", post:43, topic:18369"]

how can i highlight this issue through media?

yeah i am in such a situation in which i graduated in 11 July 2012 but the stamp says 21 January 2012 :(

now i will be dropping by HEC in Gulberg now lets see what they say

i have another guy now and his degree is also attested as 2012 looks like they have attested the whole batch of yesterday as 2012 such a pity and shame.

now their is a process of re verification in which HEC re verifies the degrees. i think they will re verify the degree in order to rectify the stamp

[/quote]

Email few reporters from your area or if u know someone call them they are always in the look for news.

Now their will be overwriting and cutting on degree which is bad thing

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Call 1217 and get number of Lahore Press club. Call them and give them a photocopy of your degree and an application for reporting this blunder. This will act as evidence for the reporter.

This website is showing contact detals:

http://www.intermedia.org.pk/mrc/directory/im_lhrpc.php

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Lahore Press Club exists since partition of the subcontinent while the existing building of Lahore Press Club was established in 1992.

Total Members : 923

Office Address: Shimla Pharai Davis Road , Lahore

Ph: +92-042-6364792

Fax: +92-042-6364792-Ext 3

Web site: www.lahorepressclub.com

Last Election held: 26 March 2006

Term of elected body: One Year

Executive Council

President: Mr. Arshad Ansari (Daily Jang)

Cellular: +92-300-8473355

Office: +92-42 -6367480

Fax: +92-42-6364792-ext 3

E-mail: arshadansari@hotmail.com

Sr Vice President : Muzamal Suharwardy (Daily Khabrain)

Cellular: +92-300-8429971

Office: +92-42-111-55-88-55

Fax: +92-42-6372500/6314658

E-mail: msuherwardy@yahoo.com

Secretary : Mr Shoaib-ud-Din (Nawa-e-Waqat)

Cellular: +92-300-8457354

Office: +92-42-6367551

Fax: +92-42-6367583

E-mail:

Treasurer: Mr Babar Dogar (The News)

Cellular: +92-300-8489387

Office: +92-42 -6371007/6367480

UAN: +92-42-111-919-191

Fax: +92-42-6360866/6367631

E-mail: dogar_thenews@hotmail.com

Members Governing Body:

1. Mr. Farzana Chaudhry (Nawa-e-Waqat)

Cellular: +92-

Office: +92-42-6367551

Fax: +92-42-6367583

E-mail:

2. Mr. Rana Imran (Daily Din)

Cellular: +92-300-8484372

Office: +92-4 2-5883540-9

Fax: +92-4 2-5839951-5

3. Mr. Muneer Chaudhry (Daily Jang)

Office: +92-42-6367480-83

UAN: +92-42-111-101-111

Fax: +92-42-6362316/6361026

4. Mr. Qamar-uz-Zaman Bhatti (Daily Insaf)

Office: +92-4 2-7569011-4

Fax: +92-42-7569417-8

5. Mr. Mubashir Hassan (Daily Express)

Office: +92-42-5878700

Fax: +92-42-

6. Mr. Khawaja Naseer (Daily Times)

Office: +92-42-5878614-19

Fax: +92-4 2-5878620

E-mail:

7. Mr. Umer Sharif (Daily Pakistan )

Office: +92-42-7576301-5

Fax: +92-4 2-7586251/7561115-6

[/quote]

well i am back and met with the deputy directory of HEC here in Lahore. He said, i can't do anything you have to go to Islamabad for the issue he sure was pain in the ... behaved like another public institution heads i knew what to expect from them. Anyways i met with another senior person, he just cared that's all and said we can't do anything about this you will have to visit HEC to rectify the error he said i know it's not your mistake and nor will you be charged but i know it's the effort that you will have to take.

if someone among those 240 guys would have noted this simple digit mistake :( everyone was soo happy that all that hard work of standing in the queues and hectic process we have earned an attested degree but no one even me checked it thoroughly, counted the certificates and degrees looked at the stamps, signature and that's the end of story for everyone.

well i will be going to Islamabad tonight again, Guys please pray for me although i feel pity for those guys who were their with me yesterday especially those who came from sawat, kashmir, balthistan only for attestation:(

[quote=“Imran, post:46, topic:18369”]

Call 1217 and get number of Lahore Press club. Call them and give them a photocopy of your degree and an application for reporting this blunder. This will act as evidence for the reporter.

This website is showing contact detals:

http://www.intermedia.org.pk/mrc/directory/im_lhrpc.php

[/quote]

but should i approach media?

if HEC tomorrow solves this issue then it's on the record and i ope i wouldn't have to do more khawari. :(

Man you will have to visit them again and don't go to press if you don't have balls (family support to cop with harami's). You should have checked when they gave papers back to you but anyways same could have happened to me. :)

Hope so they will correct it without charges.

Ok I have just sent documents to my contact in Islamabad for attestation. Let's see how it goes. He will probably go there on Monday as he will receive documents sometime tomorrow and Friday is a public holiday.

Well i am back now.

I went early in the morning to HEC again the doors were opened at 8am i went straight to window 3 to which we have to submit the documents and told him about the issue. He took my degrees and went inside and used a white ink and changed 2012 to 2013 and returned them back. I examined it and said to him if this was to be done only then i would have done it at home or got a hold of stamp from urdu bazar in Lahore, i didn't came all the way from Lahore only for this at least sign the changed stamp or something that proves that i didn't changed the stamp at home. He took the documents inside again and came back after 3 to 5 minutes, now the degree has 2 stamps and 2 dates.

One date is the one which they corrected from 21 jan 2012 to 21 jan 2013 by changing only the digit "3"

And the other date is which i submitted my documents means yesterday's date 23 jan 2013 along with the stamp of attestation officer and his signature.

Today morning i visited Foreign affairs and submitted my documents for attestation they charged me 25 Rs per degree and told me to collect it by 4 pm now i will be visiting them to collect my degree.

degrees successfully attested from foreign office ;) :)

Great. This time you kicked their ass. lol now get it attested from UAE/KSA embassy also.

University should give us a degree with stamps of HEC, foreign offices and with stamps of different embassies/high commissions.

In this way a lot of precious time can be saved. ISn't it? :D

yes this time everything is done.

Now documents needs to be send through UPS or through shasha because they are only authorized for attestation from UAE embassy and shasha is available in Islamabad while UPS is available here in Lahore, so i will be sending the documents through UPS charges are Rs 4250 per document with delivery time between 10 to 15 days.

Well it's a big debate whether the documents should be Pre-Attested from University, i think then the purpose of Higher Education Commission is then diluted altogether if this authority is given to universities.

But attestation authority should be given to regional offices it sure saves a lot of khwari and if they don't attest the documents then what's the purpose of forming regional offices, i don' t get it just giving them salaries and looting public :( .

lets hope the attestation authority gets transferred to regional offices as well so the next generation or others don't need to be khawar so much even after earning their degrees.

have you given the authority letter too? so that he can attest it on your behalf?

Yes I have given him authority letter duly signed by Grade 17 officer.

You are right about the regional office part. I was also under the impression that I can get degrees attested from HEC Karachi office but I was surprised that was not the case. I think this is just one of the many bullshits in Pakistan.

Hope my degree and transcript will be attested on Monday and then I will get it attested from MOFA. Already got the passport today from passport office Saddar.

My contact just called and told me HEC has objected on my transcript that it should mention duration. WTF HEC!!!!

The transcript is from PAF-KIET and I did not make it at home you !@#$%^&*!!!!!

It clearly mentiones the program Fall 2000 and also receiving date 2002 but somehow they are not convinced and said get a letter from university mentioning duration of program. Piece of #$%#!!!

I have asked my contact to get B.Com degree and marks sheet attested tomorrow. Hopefully those MFs at HEC don't raise any objection.

I created online account and also selected the time slot which I got one month later. It's too much time wasting really. Can I go to HEC before it to get new "on the spot" appointment?

don't wait for the time slot just be at HEC office at 6 am sharp when ever you want to visit them. if you go a little late then you might have to wait in the queue a bit longer.