I have a k790i (for almost a few months now) with 512MB, and recently, got a Creative Zen (for free) that has 2GB flash memory (not the same as the memory card memory).
Question is - which should I use?
Here are the pros/cons of what I have:
- it's a phone, and there's no need to carry multiple gadgets
- it supports different audio (and video) formats
- I can use it with the PC, without having to install special software
- the memory card transfers files sooo slow the year 2020 will pass by (and I don't know why it's so slow) when it finishes.
- bluetooth file transfers
- support for HE-AAC (HEAVY compression, marginal loss in sound quality... but bearable... not very perceivable... you can increase the treble to compensate for the loss) which means many songs on a 512MB card
- good sound quality (for sure, and it's generally accepted it has better sound quality over the iPod)
- 2GB (!!!)
- you need to install their proprietary software on the PC you wish to use the Zen with
- lightweight (for sure)
- the media player is MUCH, MUCH better than the K790i's player (not that the K790i's player is crippled, but compared with any MP3 player, you'll know what I'm talking about).
- limited formats (MP3/WMA supported: the box says AAC is supported, but I haven't been able to play it... the player does detect it... so I'm guessing it's the codec).
Now, I want your suggestions. One thing to note is that they both have radio, while my SE has RDS in it's radio (not very important, since the RDS info available in Pakistan is limited to station info only, and you need to have a clear radio signal for that). There aren't any other important points as such which may be of interest to you.
Oh - and making calls isn't THAT important, so I can live with both rather than forcing myself to just one option.
So tell me - is it worth the pain in transferring all my songs to the Zen, or what say you?