DECT 6 phones problem

So pta has banned purchase and sale of DECT 6 cordless phones..

i have one, and just recently bought this panasonic set, quite expensive too, and it waas working fine.. recently since the ban, it only gives one bell on ring, and then turns silent..the call is ringing on the caller side,. but phone doesnot ring only after 1 bell, the volume ringer icon on phone screen also is crossed throughout the call

anyone else experienced such problem with their DECT 6 sets?

your phone is being tapped by the ISI, MI & FIA

look for mashkook afraad sitting in toyota with black windows in your neighborhood or surrounding, also keep an eye on "bekaari's", avoid opening your door if the bell ringing sequence is as follow "one short, then one long, and then one short"

and avoid getting dissapeard or listed in "Gumshuda Afraad".

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:, topic:”]

So pta has banned purchase and sale of DECT 6 cordless phones…

i have one, and just recently bought this panasonic set, quite expensive too, and it waas working fine… recently since the ban, it only gives one bell on ring, and then turns silent…the call is ringing on the caller side,. but phone doesnot ring only after 1 bell, the volume ringer icon on phone screen also is crossed throughout the call

anyone else experienced such problem with their DECT 6 sets?

[/quote]

PTA has been advertising about this in newspapers. In the ads, they recommend handing over all DECT 6 phones to PTA which PTA personnel will likely use at their own homes dispose off properly. ;)^_^

^ i know about the ads and mobile sms coming everywhere.. but problem is ringer becoming silent.. is PTA banning a specific frequency? or its the ptcl land line which is sending specific signals which is muting the ringer?

anyone having any problems with their DECT 6 phones, similar or else?

From what I recall - DECT 6 interfere with 3G/4G frequencies ... you might be getting interference from nearby tower. Also the babu's in FAB (primarily manned by our 'pak fauj'/PTA are the worst - they have no idea of the world out there and still lags behind in managing the spectrum efficiently. Instead of banning, they should've thought it ahead of time and aligned themselves with world standards. No phone company is going to produce brand new wireless phone just for Pakistan's frequency.

Same problem is with zigbee and z-wave devices. No band has been allocated to such and even if they try now - you can hardly buy any device from US/UK as their frequencies won't match with ours.

AN acquaintance living in phase 5 DHA has received a Notice from PTA. So dont take risk and stop using it.