Debt Card for e-shopping

Hi, I know that UBL's Debt and prepaid card are valid for online shopping. Please suggest any other bank if providing Debit Card for online shopping.

Standard Chartered Debit card does work for online purchases as far as i know . A friend of mine uses it

I really need to buy some virtual goods online and services. What are the requirments for the debt card?

UBL Wiz internet Card, Allied Shop+Cash Visa card...they haven't let me down so far...

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:4, topic:15358”]

UBL Wiz internet Card, Allied Shop+Cash Visa card…they haven’t let me down so far…

[/quote]

Will these work online purchase on the internet form other regions / country. I thought we do not have e-banking linked globally. Please advice, if you have personal experience as the online representatives for the banks are normally clueless.

[quote=“mwaraitch, post:5, topic:15358”]

Will these work online purchase on the internet form other regions / country. I thought we do not have e-banking linked globally. Please advice, if you have personal experience as the online representatives for the banks are normally clueless.

[/quote]

my personal experience has been namecheap.com. And you can check out the dedicated thread for Wiz Card where other sites are also mentioned.

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:6, topic:15358”]

my personal experience has been namecheap.com. And you can check out the dedicated thread for Wiz Card where other sites are also mentioned.

[/quote]

Basically its about gateway, if it works at one, it should be working with most.

Every debit card having visa logo and registered onlining banking should work for online purchaces

Can anyone tell me which bank to go to for a credit card? Any other requirement other than +18? I'm not employeed but can I still make one?

I Use Standard Chartered!

Though my askari also work on some sites....so i dont use it anymore! (I assumed that VISA has same listing but....fail)

Weird. I thought if i made a visa certified card, it should work on all the websites which support visa or paypal.

Why won't the 'visa' card work on 'visa' supported sites?

guys i tried my UBL wiz Internet card on paying for SATs exam...but it gave an error for credit card verification...infact the transaction didn't go through.

I was wondering. If i make a account and deposit around 20 000 rupees and get myself a Visa card. Will the card work on website which support VISA even with rupees in the bank? Do i need to covert them first and deposit dollars seperatly?

I had also wondered this knowledge of internet shopping etc! This is how it works

- Debit Card Means (Pre-Paid) 0% Interest

- Credit Card means (Post Paid) %Interest too...

Now the second thing is the VISA logo on your card (either its debit or credit)

Third thing is that to do trasaction in other currency means ...other country! So your bank should be an international Bank e.g. Standard Chartered, HSBC etc!

2% currency exchange tax is charged on conversion (note this value varries depending on third party banker e.g. veri-signed transactions are charged 1.9%)

IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET INTO HASSLE HERE IS WHAT YOU DO

1. Get atleast 2k $$$

2. Pictures, ID Card , Referce Letter (JOB Contract letter or Letter of existing account holder or passport for intl ppl. or few more options)

3. Go to bank get it filled

4. When you get verfied you have to deposit cast... take ATM card etc!

WHAT YOU EXACTLY NEED FOR TRANSACTION?

1. Account Number

2. Expiry MM/YY (from/to)

3. CCV number written on the back of your VISA Card (another identity mark for being VISA enabled card)

THATS IT

If you admire the help...press (GREEN + PLUS) sign on this post :) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Are you talking about 2000 dollars or ruppees? Will a saving account also work? Like from what i heard, it is possible to get the credit card with some reference to the holder's parents.

[quote="firecruz, post:14, topic:15358"]

I had also wondered this knowledge of internet shopping etc! This is how it works

- Debit Card Means (Pre-Paid) 0% Interest

- Credit Card means (Post Paid) %Interest too...

Now the second thing is the VISA logo on your card (either its debit or credit)

Third thing is that to do trasaction in other currency means ...other country! So your bank should be an international Bank e.g. Standard Chartered, HSBC etc!

2% currency exchange tax is charged on conversion (note this value varries depending on third party banker e.g. veri-signed transactions are charged 1.9%)

IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET INTO HASSLE HERE IS WHAT YOU DO

1. Get atleast 2k $$$

2. Pictures, ID Card , Referce Letter (JOB Contract letter or Letter of existing account holder or passport for intl ppl. or few more options)

3. Go to bank get it filled

4. When you get verfied you have to deposit cast... take ATM card etc!

WHAT YOU EXACTLY NEED FOR TRANSACTION?

1. Account Number

2. Expiry MM/YY (from/to)

3. CCV number written on the back of your VISA Card (another identity mark for being VISA enabled card)

THATS IT

If you admire the help...press (GREEN + PLUS) sign on this post :) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

[/quote]

look for me that dollar hassle wasn't made at all..simply went to UBL..purchased an Internet Wiz Card with 2000Rs....got it working in 24hrs.. and then went on namecheap.com and paid the amount in $$s without any issue with Rs in my account...inter-bank charges applied.

I don't know of any bank in Pakistan that offers a debit card for foreign currency accounts. You can only get a debit card with PKR accounts. Also in Pakistan even a visa logo is no guarantee that the card will work online. So stick to Standard Chartered or UBL visa debit cards. Most other bank's visa debit cards DON'T work online. The SCB and UBL cards that DO work online handle the currency conversion automatically and your card gets debited in PKR. Of course they charge about 1-1.5% higher exchange rate.

Thanks for clarifying it. I will probably chose Standard Chartered account because the UBL office isn't in our markarz. What I find amusing is that what you are telling me, the 'visa' card issued by allied bank, nib and other local banks will not work online. They are visa card, they should be abloe to work online shouldn't they?

One thing, is it better to convert the money and then deposit it or is it better for the banks to covert them?

I've made up my mind to go for standard chartered. Mainly because their site is better structered then UBLS's :).

its Rs.2000.... Infact I didnt even put a single penny in my account b4 it got activated :)

@rokra

v. much correct!

and the currency gets converted automatically e.g.

I needed garena Gold Membership. I had to buy shells costing 10 USD

i have a pkr SCB account

it was charged at @ exchange rate of Rs.87/dollar exactly making it 870 + 1.9% tax = Rs.886.53 (thats what the statement said)

so being on safe side...go for SCB!

[quote=“nawab101, post:18, topic:15358”]

Thanks for clarifying it. I will probably chose Standard Chartered account because the UBL office isn’t in our markarz. What I find amusing is that what you are telling me, the ‘visa’ card issued by allied bank, nib and other local banks will not work online. They are visa card, they should be abloe to work online shouldn’t they?

One thing, is it better to convert the money and then deposit it or is it better for the banks to covert them?

I’ve made up my mind to go for standard chartered. Mainly because their site is better structered then UBLS’s :).

[/quote]

Yes it is funny but true. These banks are still living in the stone age. They are afraid of the Internet. To make their cards work online they have to invest in infrastructure. I think they need to buy and maintain servers and high speed internet connections. This is of course a minor expense for a bank but because there are so few online shoppers in Pakistan they don’t think it’s worth it. It’s a chicken and egg situation. Not enough ecommerce stores because few people have internet capable payment options and not enough online payment options because there are few ecommerce stores aimed at pakistanis. Also the banks here enjoy some really high spreads (difference between borrowing and lending rates) so they don’t have to take any risk to make money.