Dear PTCL Broadband Subscriber(s)

img0360c.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Took them a month to realize that they should inform people who are not aware of their mischievous tricks!

Edit: Resize

Mofos <_<

Finally !

We must appreciate it, at least they gave a notice :) else who can stop them doing so... Thanks PTCL we LOVE you :D

/vomit

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

“foremost objective is to provide unrestricted access to high speed internet… applicable to users who download more than 50GB per month”.
[/quote]

This is simply a price hike of 150%. In economic terms, when prices

are increased, the demand goes down proportionally. Raise the price

of broadband into the thousands and you effectively exclude a vast

portion of the middle-class from this great technological leveler.

Even before this latest increase, PTCL was over-charging it’s subs-

cribers by 100 times more than the market value. If you adjusted this

for the disparity in purchasing power (GDP per capita), PTCL was

making Pakistanis pay 1800 times more than the rest of the world.

(SW GDP/capita $36,000 vs. PK GDP/capita $2,400). incredibly, PTCL

was taking the most from the most vulnerable, the Pakistani students

(which incidentally, were also being subsidized by the Pakistani Govt ).

Thank you, Mr. Grinch. Shows how much you really care.

The result of such short-term, obscene attempts at profiteering is

simply going to be a shrinking pool of broadband users in the

country, contrary to the false and misleading declarations in this

communicae. This is going to hurt Pakistan, Pakistanis, while it

may provide a temporary stay-of-execution for this entity, that is

rapidly sinking into the bowels of wholesale corruption and mis-

management.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
"…provide high quality broadband services at very affordable prices… nominal monthly charge of rupees 1,000 …".
[/quote]

Yes. For a CEO who makes one crore rupees per month, or the

PTCL workers, from the lineman on up, who pocket Ooper kee

kamai, one thousand is indeed, very “nominal”.

You will have to ask people who actually w-o-r-k for a paycheck,

to know the value of money. And lastly, I condemn these Middle-

Eastern companies, who are now trying to support their opulent

life-styles on the backs of the poorest (Muslim) countries in this

neighbourhood,. Shame on them!

Sheikh ‘Sheikhon Sey Budzun’ Chilli

In my opinion, if we buy bandwidth from India or China, it will cost less. Am i correct?

PTCL management is filled with morons. Just have a look at its annual report. The "real" reason for declining profits is that not many people are using Voice services from PTCL now. Everybody's got a cell phone and they use either texting or so called packages. Why the internet users are being punished to make up for the reduced profit?? Why not introduce better PTCL voice packages with unlimited calling or additional features to recapture the voice call market. I believe a lot of people downgraded to lower speed packages because of this and PTCL has actually now lost a lot of money instead of saving and next quarter its going to have even reduced profits.

On another note, i think being knowledgeable about IT / tech, its our duty that we spread the news to non tech savvy users so that they may not be charged extra for exceeding the limit. What do you guys think?

Have at look at extract from Annual Report of 2010:

ptcl.jpg

Data services revenue doubled from 2009 to 2010 while Voice service remained the same and declined a bit in fact.

Nice surprise by PTCL! a little late eidi for the users :P

PTCL is controlled by Etisalat. so i guess we should blame the Arabs

[quote=", post:10, topic:15574"]

PTCL is controlled by Etisalat. so i guess we should blame the Arabs

[/quote]

ha ha ha ha, and what about who get an unlimited connection and then give it to next 10 homes and earning from ptcl?

[quote=“rnathbatra, post:8, topic:15574”]

Why not introduce better PTCL voice packages with unlimited calling or additional features to recapture the voice call market. I believe a lot of people downgraded to lower speed packages because of this and PTCL has actually now lost a lot of money instead of saving and next quarter its going to have even reduced profits.

[/quote]

you are absolutely right because you are in a big city, tell me a guy who is in Shorkot, Chiniot, Chakwal. Has he any other choice than PTCL? Being fair enough why other companies don’t go there and capture the empty markets. Talking on ideas is very easy but implementation is… Today we are blaming PTCL, what if he remove it’s services from small cities?

[quote=“hawker, post:7, topic:15574”]

In my opinion, if we buy bandwidth from India or China, it will cost less. Am i correct?

[/quote]

No because Pakistan, India and China all buy their bandwidth from the same sources. Bandwidth is not expensive, they just like to charge us more.

[quote=“nvd650, post:12, topic:15574”]

you are absolutely right because you are in a big city, tell me a guy who is in Shorkot, Chiniot, Chakwal. Has he any other choice than PTCL? Being fair enough why other companies don’t go there and capture the empty markets. Talking on ideas is very easy but implementation is… Today we are blaming PTCL, what if he remove it’s services from small cities?

[/quote]

You are right about the point that in smaller cities they may not have PTCL Landline but i think in those areas its easier to have cellular service / wireless service instead of a landline service. It will involve a lot of time and cost to develop the infrastructure to provide landline services there, and now since PTCL is privatized, they won’t even give these areas a second thought.

50GB is enough for me :rolleyes:

where did you find this notice? it's not on their website yet!

I am complaining to PTA against this injustice.

[quote=“rnathbatra, post:14, topic:15574”]

You are right about the point that in smaller cities they may not have PTCL Landline but i think in those areas its easier to have cellular service / wireless service instead of a landline service. It will involve a lot of time and cost to develop the infrastructure to provide landline services there, and now since PTCL is privatized, they won’t even give these areas a second thought.

[/quote]

your are again mistaken here I guess… Wateen, Witribe, Qubee and etc are not more than 15 cities. And even they have no plan for at least next one year to cover more cities. While PTCL Landline is in more than 1000 cities and they are giving DSL in more than 150 cities already and expanding there network. So they who are not in those 15 cities are left with only choice PTCL broadband. So according to me PTCL is doing a great job and yes it had been their legal monopoly since late 90’s and they are like DHEET officers and workers and bad service etc, but according to me worst customer care services are given by wateen.

[quote=“ptcl_dsl_user, post:16, topic:15574”]

where did you find this notice? it’s not on their website yet!

[/quote]

Exactly where is the source?

[quote=", post:18, topic:15574"]

Exactly where is the source?

[/quote]

SERIOUSLY? :S

[quote=“ptcl_dsl_user, post:16, topic:15574”]

where did you find this notice? it’s not on their website yet!

[/quote]

Yaar how are you going to report this on PTA website? They dont even have PTCL in their ISP complaint area.