DC Pump

Hi , I purchased 12 volt DC pump for my Lahori cooler through Ali express (China) . It worked very well uptill now but unfortunately, it operated dry and burnt out. Does anyone know about Local shop from where I can get this pump because Aliexpress takes time via normal delivery and DHL charges are way too high. All aquarium pumps also work but operate on AC. Whereas I need DC.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

brandeth road, may be...

or for temporary purpose, a couple of the car screen washer pumps might work .

Are these available with autoMobile stores ?

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

for car screen washer pumps, Bilal-Gunj. New from auto stores will be expensive.

I think they call them "viper ki pani wali motor".

OK thanks a lot. Information is really helpful.

Why don't you use an AC pump?

For AC pump I will have to fix additional invertor.

^ I don't get it. Why would you need an inverter for an AC pump?

I am running my cooler through battery which is charged from solar panels and is totally independent from grid power. That's why

^ Viper washer motor is too small, IMO you can try automotive electric fuel pump which has better flow rate than viper washer pump. Should be easily available new or used.

Ijaz Bhai Please let Me know if it is submersible pump ?

[quote=“adnan3986, post:11, topic:21029”]

OK .Ijaz Bhai please let me know if it is a submersible type pump ?

[/quote]

[quote=“adnan3986, post:11, topic:21029”]

Ijaz Bhai Please let Me know if it is submersible pump ? Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

It is submersible. However its suitability for water use is questionable since it is designed to be lubricated and cooled by diesel/gasoline flowing through it.

Having a submersible motor in a Lahori Cooler is not ESSENTIAL. You can just as well use an external pump. Just connect the Cooler's water sump drain, to the pump's inlet. Ensure that the pump is placed below the water level in the sump, so that the pump remains primed at all times.

As I see it, the main disadvantage of using the wind shield washer pump, is that the motor is designed for intermittent use. Using it continuously in desert cooler is likely to run out its life pretty quickly.

Another likely source is aquarium supplies. They may have something suitable for your application.

Aurangzeb

^ Good point regarding suitability. Sure it wouldn't last too long. But to beat the heat in summers, who cares if pump has to be changed after a season or two.

The electric fuel pumps for old carburetor vehicles were diaphragm type and not to be used as submersible pumps. May be that can be a better choice with some longer life than modern submersible types which are directly fitted into the fuel tank.

Finally got submersible fountain pump along with small DC to AC inverter. Now fulfilling my requirement. Thanks to all of you for valuable suggestions.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk