DC motor

Hello,

Im a newbie trying to learn circuits/basic electronics, my university teacher gave me a project to build anything which uses a 12v DC motor. I need some ideas regarding it..

while searching on the inet, i found that a small windmill can be created using the motor...so I attached a small rotor blades to it.. to produce electricity. but it's producing very low current..i can barely illuminate an LED..please give me some bright n creative ideas to build something fascinating with DC motors..

PS.. i have many dc motors lying around.. from small to big..

Make a car which uses these motors. For something more challenging, try to make a car/cart which follows a drawn line.

[quote=“Asad, post:2, topic:16562”]

Make a car which uses these motors. For something more challenging, try to make a car/cart which follows a drawn line.

[/quote]

woah that was a fast reply… unfortunately, everyone at the uni is making car… so I need a unique idea and tutorial as well :D

Don't expect others to do your homework. ;)

For something unique, you can make a chairlift system model with one or two motors like those installed in mountainous areas.

[quote=“nictor, post:3, topic:16562”]

woah that was a fast reply… unfortunately, everyone at the uni is making car… so I need a unique idea and tutorial as well :D

[/quote]

U can Make A Chopper . U can Make A Miniature Wind Farm i.e Using More Than One Motors .

During my school days, I built a train for science exhibition. But at that time I have no ideas of gears. So I coupled my motor directly with wheel. It used to run so fast that it could not stay on track. You can take out a gear system from some old toy and fix it to your motor. Then make arrangement to couple it with wheels. For making skeleton, I used plain card boards and painted them later on. For track, I used metallic wire. The same metallic wire supplied power to motor while other part was supplied from over-hung wire (just like electric train).

I can guide you more if you are interested.

[quote=“Asad, post:4, topic:16562”]

Don’t expect others to do your homework. ;)

For something unique, you can make a chairlift system model with one or two motors like those installed in mountainous areas.

[/quote]

:D

I was also going to give the same idea but my intention was to mock at because I used to make this when I was a little kid. :D

A hovercraft could also be made. Maybe those large airships steered with a small fan...

make a 3d laser scanner that is run with dc moter