Day Light Saving - Would this be observed this time?

One question:

Would day light Saving be observed this year to save Electricity (as a lot of people in power consider it that way)

OR

Raja Pervaiz Ashraf (Minister for Water and Power) is busy working on other issues and electricity conservation is too low on his things to do

^^ I think the latter is true. He does not suffer from power outages and does not have to pay any bills. So why would he bother!?!?

Damn politians!

Whats the use of Day light any way :P

i would strongly reccomend

Daylight saving...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

One question:

Would day light Saving be observed this year to save Electricity (as a lot of people in power consider it that way)

OR

Raja Pervaiz Ashraf (Minister for Water and Power) is busy working on other issues and electricity conservation is too low on his things to do

[/quote]

I am pretty sure it would be observed…

^But is there any effect of such savings in Pakistan???

Yes it does help, don't know how much. They should consider moving time by 2 hrs this year, it would cause problems during first few days but might result in more savings.

^ Common if they gonna screw the people, then go for 3 hours. This referendum will decide either moving the clock from here to there makes an effect or not? In this way a clear gain of day light saving be seen by every literate or illiterate in our society, if they go for 3 hours.

This will also decide either the dams should be made or not.

Before Fajar prayers take your breakfast, after Fajar prayers everyone should go to their work/school/college.

Every person in his/her prayers will then pray:

OH GOD made the dam, OH GOD WE WANT ELECTRICITY, OH GOD made the dam, OH GOD.... OH GOD..........

I hope WAPDA and religious minister also reading my post.

Daylight saving…

[/quote]

x2

IMO day light saving doesn't help much in conservation of electricity and its especially true for the part of world we live in.

The only solution to the shortage of electricity in our country is either building new dams or installing new power plants(either nuclear or solar or wind). If our govt is realy serious in eliminating this shortage of electricity, then perhaps they should think this way. Otherwise, this day light saving is not gonna help a lot. Infact, i will rather call it(day light saving) a SHISHKA by our lazy and incompetent govt. :/

Daylight saving…

[/quote]

I would recommend it as well.

I find day light saving as so much confusing...but that may be my personal opinion only.

I find day light saving as so much confusing…but that may be my personal opinion only.
[/quote]

Ideally it should be very simple, you just move clocks by 1 hr. Everything else should remain as before but unfortunately times of many things also changes here which defeats the purpose of Daylight Savings.