Daraz.pk what to say now?

what to say now. thank God i received 20,000 back into my account now. Who says that daraz.pk do business in a Cash on delivery way. Absolutely not. they tell you to submit 25% partial amount on above 50,000 worth of product i guess due to security concerns. may be that's a goOod thing. let think in a positive way first that you go to their website and choose laptop like i did. and you wait but you should keep in mind that these kind of multinational companies can be a big hurdle if something goes wrong and you were in hurry of a schedule of 10 to 15 days. actually SomeOne gave me money to purchase a laptop for him within 20 days before his flight to foreign for next semester. when your order is confirmed after you pay partial amount to daraz.pk account then they call you for confirmation, luckily i asked for details of the product, i never bothered but i was in curious of asking them about backlit keyboard and win8.1 , they told me yes the specs are same as you inquired about. i took snapshots of my confirmed product that night but after that day when i checked at noon time there was same product with different specs with dos and no backlit keyboard. laptop of mine requirment was shifted to a different price of 71400 to 73500 PKR on their website. i called their helpline & luckily i got connected to same guy faisal who was in their confirmation department too. he was also shocked that how their specs magically changed after confirmation. i told him if i get the wrong laptop even after you re-arrange my correct order of higher price now, will i be able to return with in 15 days. He was so honest that he literally suggested me to cancel and for refund amount but he kept insisting me to send this whole issue to their customer care email id. so my experience was bad as i was not expecting this kind of weird issues & also bcoz of delay in process. So all in all:

order date was 13-03-2015

cross cheque received on 30-03-2015

As cross cheque was from karachi so different city & was cleared in 7 working days i guess with a deduction charges of 345 ruppee from slow UBL.

amount added on 10-04-2015

all pics attached .

the wrong product they were going to send me was this http://www.daraz.pk/hp-probook-450ci5-4210u-1.7ghz-turbo-upto-2.7ghz-4gb-750gb-15.6-hd-bv-dvdrw-83921.html,

and the correct one was http://www.daraz.pk/hp-probook-450ci5-4210u-1.7ghz-turbo-upto-2.7ghz-4gb-750gb-15.6-hd-bv-dvdrw-one-year-brand-warranty-106690.html

Man these fking online websites in Pakistan are full of UTTER crap. Do you know about shophive.com ? They don't have half the products in their inventory which are on display. I once called them up for MSI gfx card which was stated as for rs 27,000. On the website it said ' IN STOCK ' but when i called to place the order, they told me its not available and i will have to pay for it and wait 2-3 weeks for delivery. I clearly told the customer service guy that they are a bunch of wankers and why do they write 'IN STOCK' if its not available? He had no answer. And then i asked if they are fking sending it from the moon And why it will take 3 weeks for a gfx card delivery. And again he had no answer.

So that point on wards, i vowed never to order anything from online shops in Pakistan. They all are bunch of fc-king college kids running a e-commerce templates pretending to be a legit business.

[quote=“Animotion, post:2, topic:22054”]

Man these fking online websites in Pakistan are full of UTTER crap. Do you know about shophive.com ? They don’t have half the products in their inventory which are on display. I once called them up for MSI gfx card which was stated as for rs 27,000. On the website it said ’ IN STOCK ’ but when i called to place the order, they told me its not available and i will have to pay for it and wait 2-3 weeks for delivery. I clearly told the customer service guy that they are a bunch of wankers and why do they write ‘IN STOCK’ if its not available? He had no answer. And then i asked if they are fking sending it from the moon And why it will take 3 weeks for a gfx card delivery. And again he had no answer.

So that point on wards, i vowed never to order anything from online shops in Pakistan. They all are bunch of fc-king college kids running a e-commerce templates pretending to be a legit business.

[/quote]
Yeah i also called them too . The guy looks like in half sleep and i told him to relax and sleep well in the end of my conversation with him. Then i called mega.pk . They were ready to give me same specs laptop with 5th generation cpu and dos at 75 final. Even they told me to pay full amount to rider if product is ok and not used or no scratch. Dude i can see one positive approach in this is that u can do this all kind of activities quickly with local online shops. But u can’t pay partial amount i guess to local ones or i will not trust them. But i can trust multinational companies for payments issues but they are damn damn slow in every process, i can be sure of that. But now i heard many ppl having issues but from now on i will not go to daraz.pk for bigger priced products and also these are rather expensive priced comparing to ur nearest market. And one more thing telenor is a multinational company and do business in many european countries and also in asians but what actually happen in asia when they start ignoring counter strategy to avoid sims registration issues when their workers start selling sims on the roads and with no proper documentation of the true owner.these happen in pakistan india bangladesh. So actually i am now drifted towards local market or local websites .

online stores in pakistan are not mature yet.

I bought an HP Pavilion G7 1207SE 17" laptop from shophive 2 years ago. I had no issues with anything back then.

I might have overpaid for it by some amount but it was unavoidable as I couldn't find that model any cheaper.

I purchased a LENOVO GO FLEX(Google for the special feature this model has, turns into a semi tablet) from Mega.pk last year in June.

Had no issues with them as well.

If I had to choose, I'd say Mega.pk was better than shophive because SH charged too much for things that can be purchased elsewhere for their original price.

These are just my experiences. I probably got lucky.

I've used homeshopping.pk a couple of times and find it the better of the lot. Unlike shophive, price margins are reasonable and customer service is good. Biggest purchase was a laptop for around 70K and paid full on delivery. Inventory management was slightly problematic (initial order was out of stock, but I was quickly informed of it via call). When the order arrived, the delivery guy asked me to open and check the product for any defects.

With daraz.pk ... I've only had two experiences ... on the second one I used online payment via debit card because it was supposed to be a gift ... and I got a call from them asking for my bank details and CNIC, even though the payment was already handled by an international payment processor like on most international websites. I cancelled the order since it seemed like data mining ... further Daraz has also been pestering me with spam via email and sms ... something that doesn't go away with the "unsubscribe" link given at the bottom so I've had to create a filter in gmail to shred their emails as they arrive.

With homeshopping.pk they clearly tell you that the product is refurbished. Ahan? ,,, I wonder what happen when we go out and purchase with local market shops

That's why I ALWAYS buy each and every thing from the same computer shop who has been a great friend now. From mouse to laptop I always buy from him. I don't even compare prices with others because I know that even if he is a little expensive than others at least I have a satisfaction that he will not give me faulty products.

I can never trust on these online services because it is PAKISTAN and corruption is in our blood ;D

[quote=“jani, post:8, topic:22054”]

That's why I ALWAYS buy each and every thing from the same computer shop who has been a great friend now. From mouse to laptop I always buy from him. I don't even compare prices with others because I know that even if he is a little expensive than others at least I have a satisfaction that he will not give me faulty products.

I can never trust on these online services because it is PAKISTAN and corruption is in our blood ;D

[/quote]

That is one problem in Pakistan for everything you have to have some "WAQFIAT" or "JAN PEHCHAN" or else you lose big time ...

buddy, your account number is visible in the first picture.

its fully lawless country there yet online business regulations and internet laws has to be created till then bear these sheetttyy immature over priced so called online khokha shops

It's not just these online startups that offer over-

priced stuff with now all too familiar crooked and

incompetent customer service.

It's brick-n-mortar companies like the numero

uno Galaxy as well. I have been their customer

since they started with a hole-in-the-wall shop.

Now, they have let all the old guard go, who built

that company and hired young, smooth-talking

morons.

I recently was in the market to buy a USB wifi

dongle, a USB flash drive, a HDD and a printer.

When I compared Galaxy's online prices

with the market, here in KHI, they were charging

10% over and beyond everybody else. In

everything.

"Kya keh sakTey haiN. Bus... apnay naam ka

kha rahay haiN ab Tou", was the explanation

from other vendors at Techno City.

So I disagree. One should always compare product

and prices in the market. Do NOT reward greed and

bad behavior, because in so doing, you are enabling

an immoral act to continue and becoming a party to it.

Sheikh 'Caveat Emptor' Chilli

@ Above.

I completely agree. Galaxy is one of the worst online shops out there. They over-charge on all products and has got one of the most pathetic customer service in whole of Lahore. Most of their profits come through holding back hardware which are short in market and sell them at a premium or make a customer by 5 other products along with it = telling you by personal experience.

No. Its blank as you can see depositer account#. The account# shown are not mine but related to daraz.pk

[quote=“salluhassan, post:14, topic:22054”]

No. Its blank as you can see depositer account#. The account# shown are not mine but related to daraz.pk

[/quote]

oh ok

My sister bought from them but she wasn't happy with their returns policy OR their product. After she finally managed to get it returned, she swore never to buy from them again.

I don't think it's still fair to say online shopping isn't mature yet in PK though. I think it's come a long way now, especially after vendors realized they need to uncouple their purchasing options from credit card acceptability in Pakistan. I buy most things online now, and my friends are also inclined to buy things online--from clothes, gadgets, books, and other items to small furniture and even fresh groceries. Even the people who currently aren't keen on buying online browse shops to pick products and compare prices. Ecommerce is always on and nowadays your website store works for you online AND offline.

It's unfortunate that most established businesses in Pakistan,

or anybody who is doing well in the real, brick-n-mortar world

here, rarely sees the benefits of expending time, effort and $

into expanding online. The ones I have talked to, laugh at the

idea.

They still seem to think it's all a joke, or a fad that'll pass. Or

that not enough potential, credible customers are online,

looking to buy. And in the absence of bonafide businesses,

crooks will continue to fill the vacuum and sour the experience

of online customers, making it even less likely for the former to

open shop online.

It would be interesting to know, why online models don't seem

to generate the same sort of interest & capital in PK, that they

do in the west. Why can't they give best prices here, when their

overheads are reduced as well ?.

Sheikh 'Y Ask Y' Chilli

I just received my Order From Daraz.pk and below are my concerns that have convinced me that Daraz is fraud and would like to warn others from doing business with this company.

1. I was overcharded as the discount coupon of RS 500 was no completely applied on my invoice. They gave a discount of RS 348.85 Only.

2. Item Received was not what was ordered and differed from the picture given on the website.

3. The pair of Jeans i ordered had a printed price Tag of Rs 1250 where as the price i was charged RS 1399.

4. Customer Service was not helpful.

5. I was onformed that a pair of pants was not available as it did not satisfy quality check however it still is available for sale on the website.

6. I paid cash for an order whereas the refund is to be made in THREE WEEKS.

In the light of above i would ask other online shoppers to please be cautious while placing an order with Daraz or completly AVOID doing business with this company, as i have found them deceiving and there policies are not customer frindly. Regards Taha Sayla