Custom Duty imposed on cell phones import in Pakistan

Federal Board of Revenue has suggested implementing an import tax on mobile phones and other electronics. According to FBR, after 11th of June, every cell phone imported to Pakistan will have a custom duty of Rs 1000. Well, if the Government isn’t making ends meet one way, perhaps they are trying to meet the ends on another issue altogether! We have yet to see or read any public outburst on the matter, but unless we have at least one protest, the custom duty may as well be put into effect!

NOTE: <>

in this news it says 1000 rs but according to my info its 20% on each mobile price so eventually all mobiles rates are being increased :(

What whould happend that will be knowen to all when budget announced. Your information may be ture but budget annoucement will confirm it.

it will definetly b imposed they came to eat and nothing else and the mobile fones are current hot cakes. and yeah i have also seen a price increase on mobile fones and for example previously Nokia 6120 was available for 13800 and now its is price 15000.

for confirmation see www.whatmobile.com.pk

Nokia better start its manufacturing business in Pakistan or its out of here. :-)

I think there is nothing wrong with the tax imposition on mobile handsets, because having an expensive handset is luxury and 80% mobile users here in Pakistan change there handsets for no solid reason.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Nokia better start its manufacturing business in Pakistan or its out of here. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

if they ever decide to change the location of their manufacturing plant they wont choose pakistan i am sure!

china would be a better option where labor is cheaper than in pakistan

i think the tax should be levied after a minimum value. For eg < 5K cost cellphones should not be subjected to tax

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I think there is nothing wrong with the tax imposition on mobile handsets, because having an expensive handset is luxury and 80% mobile users here in Pakistan change there handsets for no solid reason.
[/quote]

agreed. i think its a positive move by the govt. they also need to increase tax on other expensive import items like cars etc. provided that the tax is used to improve infrastucture etc and should not go into the bank accounts of our already rich ministers.

plz tell me how much money i should have to pay on apple iphone 8gb used coming from uk by dhl

and tax will be on orignal price or used price i want to know plz tell me plz

^ Is it those scam iPhones?