CS 1.6 on wateen Online with friends?

Help regarding CS 1.6 plz.. im using wateen ! do i have to subscribe WOG first to play any game on internet or i can play with friends on the internet?

i have CS 1.6 downloaded from torrent.. i want to play with friends, they are using ptcl dsl connected to Wireless network on their laptops !!

what would i have to do ...please explain and be simple as i dont know this Stuff alot but ill try to understand !

Thankx in Advance !!!

If only you and your friends want to play then you would have to make a server

And to make a server you need a good system and a good connection(upload speed)

But, u and your friends can easily play on the other servers hosted by different ISPs

Ok ..i get it! i Tried hamachi , Hosting a domain from no-ip , creating a dedicated server but nothing works in my case !! i actually want to do internet networking stuff only with my friends but i have a non-static IP i.e 192.168.15.2

So any other suggestions please !!

wanna know ur static ip ? go for 'ipchicken.com' . Remember it is not always be the same.

your ip can be change when ever u restart / on-off your modem.

What do u mean can i create a server with local ip 192.168.15.2 on Internet and ask them to connect me via a static ip ? ie 101.33.22.11 ????????

u cant creat a server with local ip like 192.168.1.2.

u can creat a local server with by your static ip like 116.71.10.10 etc.

--

all u need to do is to forward ur port of CS in ur modem.

make a server throu HLDS.exe (in ur cs folder).

"You" can join ur server with local IP (192.168.1.2) while others can join on 116.71.10.10.

Thanks @striker111 I will try to do it, but one thing is confusing me... i have some questions :

i havent subscribed to WOG, but i want to play with my friends on my server can i make my server on wateen without subscribing WOG service !!???????????????????????????????

And i dont know how to forwatd port or stuff like that , what exactly i need to forward it !! ??????????????????????

And my connection is 1mbps unlimited is it good enough for a lag free game and what minimum connection can work with NO LAG!!! ???????????????????

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

u cant creat a server with local ip like 192.168.1.2.

u can creat a local server with by your static ip like 116.71.10.10 etc.

all u need to do is to forward ur port of CS in ur modem.

make a server throu HLDS.exe (in ur cs folder).

“You” can join ur server with local IP (192.168.1.2) while others can join on 116.71.10.10.

[/quote]

the HLDS.exe does not allow me to put the ip address i need help on creating the server each time i have to give my friends my static ip when i restart my modem??

Thanks @striker111 I will try to do it, but one thing is confusing me… i have some questions :

i havent subscribed to WOG, but i want to play with my friends on my server can i make my server on wateen without subscribing WOG service ???

And i dont know how to forwatd port or stuff like that , what exactly i need to forward it !! ???

And my connection is 1mbps unlimited is it good enough for a lag free game and what minimum connection can work with NO LAG!!! ???

[/quote]

You need to forward the port 27015(most probably) from within your dsl menu

We get a bad upload speed, which is needed for the server to work lagless

So, I think its gonna lag on a 1mbps conn.

But, I am not sure

You should give it a try

Thanks @striker111 I will try to do it, but one thing is confusing me… i have some questions :

i havent subscribed to WOG, but i want to play with my friends on my server can i make my server on wateen without subscribing WOG service ???

And i dont know how to forwatd port or stuff like that , what exactly i need to forward it !! ???

And my connection is 1mbps unlimited is it good enough for a lag free game and what minimum connection can work with NO LAG!!! ???

[/quote]

1. Yes You Can MaKe your Own Server on Wateen without subscribe to WOG Service.

2. for Port Forwarding goto ‘‘portforward.com’’ seach Your Wateen Modem Model Their then You Can see how to Forward Port for Different Applications.

3. 1Mbps is not Good Enough to MaKe a server on Internet. You Need Atleast 2 or more. Otherwise Your server Lagss very badly.

the HLDS.exe does not allow me to put the ip address i need help on creating the server each time i have to give my friends my static ip when i restart my modem??
[/quote]

Each time You Restart / On-off your modem , your static ip will be changed. Each time you have to give New static Ip to your Friends of Your server if u wanna play on ur server with ur frnds.

-

please See :

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=118542#p118542