Cricket Revolution ( devolped by pakistan based software house ?)

well guys i heard this game is developed by Pakistani based software house , i have just seen thier site and game graphics and overall its looking awesome , if anyone of you have any info about this do share .. or do correct me if i am wrong that this game is developed by Pakistani soft warehouse.

Link:

http://www.cricketrevolution.com

Details :

- Unrivalled gameplay with thrilling online PvP action

- In-game community server with chat rooms, friends and online gaming

- Fully motion captured actions, day/night lighting, pitch and ball variations

- Original stadiums, unlockable deliveries, and batsman knock-out injuries

- Internet based multiplayer play, rankings, ratings, and leaderboards

- LAN based multiplayer network play

- Offline leagues, knock-out and exhibition matches vs computer teams

- Complete team and player customization for strategic gameplay

- True field captaincy with the ability to place fielders anywhere on the field

- Batting and bowling net practice modes ... and more!

1.3 SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Minimum:

Operating system: Windows Vista/XP/2000 Processor: Pentium 4, 2.0 GHz

Memory: 512 MB RAM

Hard disk space: 700 MB available

Video: 128 MB video card

Sound: DirectX compliant sound card

Broadband Internet (for online play)

Recommended:

Operating system: Windows Vista/XP/2000

Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual-Core Processor

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Hard disk space: 1 GB available

Video: 256 MB video card Nvidia 6600 or ATI equivalent or better

Sound: DirectX compliant sound card

Broadband Internet (for online play)

Yeh the Game is developed by Mindstorm Lahore. I played the Demo few days back, it only provides you to play in practice mode. The main attraction is the Multiplayer Option, The release date is 30th october, and the price is 17-20 Bucks. As the game is developed by Pakistani Studio, I think that for Pakistani people game should be provided at a discount rate, otherwise all people will go for the Non-Original Version :D

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yeh the Game is developed by Mindstorm Lahore. I played the Demo few days back, it only provides you to play in practice mode. The main attraction is the Multiplayer Option, The release date is 30th october, and the price is 17-20 Bucks. As the game is developed by Pakistani Studio. I think that for Pakistani people game should be provided on a discount rate at a discount rate, otherwise all people will go for the Non-Original Version :D
[/quote]

so how was the demo i mean do you think this game is according to international standards and you think it will create history in gaming world of Pakistan :)

Judging from the Demo Version, this game can never beat EA's Cricket Franchise or the CodeMaster's Brain Lara / Ashes. Well may be i am wrong. So lets wait for the Full version.

But we must appreciate the hard work of Mindstorm!! I hope that this is the beginning of Quality Game Development work in Pakistan.

Its videos are awesome...

i ll surely buy it

to encourage the Pakistani work

NIce one! I liked the graphic. Video is great.

Pakistani software house, So i'll surely buy it.

Pakistanis can make games? Really? Are you sure? :D

Well, good to see that happening. ;)

I'm not into cricket games, still, I'd recommend my friends (who play cricket games) to buy this when its released.

Both their website and the game itself looks appealing. However no where does it mention that this is a Pakistan-based company.

check that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_Revolution

Both their website and the game itself looks appealing. However no where does it mention that this is a Pakistan-based company.
[/quote]

Don’t worry its Made in Pakistan Product :D

Extracts from Wiki Article on Cricket Revolution:

Wikipedia

Cricket Revolution is an independently Pakistani developed title spotlighting multiplayer gameplay based around the sport of cricket.

[/quote]

Extracts about Developer:

Wikipedia

Mindstorm Studios is an independent game development studio based in Lahore, Pakistan. Established in 2006, the company’s primary focus has been on creating and launching its first core gaming title; Cricket Revolution, a PC based multiplayer sports game. While working to establish the video game industry in the country, the company has setup its own motion capture studio and has also branched out into art services and iPhone related game development verticals. Mindstorm Studios is currently the only studio in the country working on creating completely indigenous gaming titles.

[/quote]

Read Full Article Here for Detailed Info About Game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_Revolution

its very much discussed @ pakgammers forums...

they have advertised it alot...

http://games.ign.com/objects/026/026974.html

http://www.gameguru.in/sports/2008/16/cricket-revolution-game-by-mindstorm-studios-interview/

(Third question in interview)

Impressive! I haven't played the demo but I just read the wiki article and I have to say a great work by Pakistani software company. Kudos to company to take courage and jump in water, especially when chances to sink are great.

I am now more interested in whether they'll be able to make some real profit or not. Selling few hundreds (or thousands) won't make even a dent compare to the expensive in setup for creating game, not to mention the programmer's salaries and what-not.

According to article, they tried to sell it through Steam but it couldn't worked out or something and now they'll be delivering it with hard copies. My guess is that soon it will be available in pirated version and everybody will be buying it. I know that few hundred (or thousands) of people will buy directly from company to support it but still they'll need to sell in tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands to make some profit and continue making more titles.

Good luck and Kudos to Mindstorm Studios :)

To encourage the sales they should reduce the price of Hard Copy, and arrange some legal Sales at Hall Road, Hafeez Centre and other markets of Pakistan.

To encourage the sales they should reduce the price of Hard Copy, and arrange some legal Sales at Hall Road, Hafeez Centre and other markets of Pakistan.
[/quote]

X2

they should also arrange some ground shipping inside Pakistan instead of JUST Steam…

it ll boost the sales…

I dont think they will catch local market.

i am planning to purchase 1 origional copy because its we who gonna support game development in Pakistan , Mindstorm already have good number of clients and networks across the globe their work is superb too ,they shouldnt be totally dependent upon this game financially but i think we must encourage our friends to purchase hard copy . Gameplay is superb and smooth ,just a bit (little bit ) concern about texture UVW mapping ... great work Mindstorm !!

I have played the demo, And i can safely say this game is MUCH much much more in detail then EA cricket or Codemaster's cricket games ever were..

The game takes some time to get used to.. There are quite alot of shots with different combination and same for bowling but thats alright because i feel EA and Codemasters games were too easy.. I could easily smash 36 runs of every over :P.. Hopefully this game wont be like that.

I've already ordered mine through steam. And guys, 17bucks for this game, Its already at a great discount. What more discount do you guys want? :P You want them to sell the game at 500rs? :P

They arent only releasing in pakistan, They are also releasing in UK and Australia and other countries where people buy original games and for those people 17bucks for this game is really cheap and its not that expensive for pakistani people as well. We should support this game. BUY THE ORIGINAL PRODUCT !

I’ve already ordered mine through steam. And guys, 17bucks for this game, Its already at a great discount. What more discount do you guys want? :P You want them to sell the game at 500rs?

[/quote]

Well for foreign countries the game may be on cheap rate. But for our country its expensive, how many people are going to buy this @ 1400RS, when the pirated version is available in 15Rs? or even Free @ Torrents/Rapidshare etc.