[Cricket Discussion]

Breaking News: Shoiab Akhtar Banned for 5 Years !!

Kaneria gets the warning.

Chairman Nasif Ashraf said: "The board has lost confidence in Shoaib Akhtar.

"We therefore felt that his presence in the field was damaging to the team and the image of Pakistan cricket."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/

whoa 5 years...even if its true he will probably just appeal and get off scot-free :P

or maybe its just a april fools joke by the PCB :D

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

whoa 5 years…even if its true he will probably just appeal and get off scot-free :P
[/quote]

Naseem Ashraf is not going to stay for longl…just wait for the new cricket board to come, he will be back

Geo News reports that a member of the National Assembly, who belongs to the PML-N has decided to raise this issue in the parliament. :\

so what do you guys think? do you think he deserved the 5 year ban?

personally I don't think he has anything to offer to pak cricket...no doubt hes one of fastest around but his inability to stay fit makes him a liability more than anything...

what was his latest offence?

a petty comment which riled the high ups..

Good riddance?

"We therefore felt that his presence in the field was damaging to the team and the image of Pakistan cricket."

[/quote]

What happened to the image of Pakistan when they covered up for Shoaib when he was charged with taking Nandrolone on the tour of India? Bunch of hypocrites.

That crap should be banned for life and Naseem Ashraf should be thrown out of the administration as they both suck,they have spoiled the whole image of Pakistan cricket,Shoaib doesn't play and ashraf doesn't give the opportunity to good players but man that bowler should be banned and shouldnt be allowed to play again.

I agree with dvbox they both are good for nothing

Shoaib should be banned :P

the ICL idea ruined everything, these guys should've stayed at home, instead of turning more greedy and trying to earn more.

5 years? That's pretty harsh IMO.

I don't agree with PCB

PCB made Shoiab Malik Captain of Pakistan despite involving Match Fixing in domestic competition and this is a bigger crime then Shoiab Akhtar's case.

I hope Board will will change and Shoiab Akhtar will come back again in cricketing world inshAllah

I think Shoaib is a great cricketer, and yeah i do agree his attitude has always been questionable and yeah i do agree that sometimes he has made a few mistakes but i just want to know that what has he done to deserve a 5 year ban? I mean thats really really harsh. You're banning one of your own superstars, A match winner.. For 5 years which would probably end his career.. For what?

I think its harsh by PCB.

^shoaib akhtar, mistakes, sometimes? :|

anyways i dunno what the fuss is about, he hardly plays a full series for pakistan. if he got discipline problems then simply dont pick him, easy. i think PCB (Pakistan Comedy Board) chairman and his croonies are taking some revenge from mr akhtar. he still have a chance, he will appeal in a court, the court may allow him to play again. or maybe (most probably) nasim ashraf will be fired.

its all about money now a days..

it must be april fool by pcb.he dsnt deserve such ban.PCB people value nothing when they have somthing regarding oval umpiring issue and many other Gora's(whites) matters so they started imposing such bans on their own legends heroes,did they find shoaib's clone,not yet and not soon they will find it,there was one muhammad zahid who was of shoaib's callibor may be better and after that no new jenuine fast bowler discovered by pcb.fast bowlers r prone to injuries see sami,asif,gul and shoaib z lethal pacer mayb he z bit moody but u have to sharp your gold so that it glitters more but not make such non senses.Naseem Ashraf shows that he z bound w/ discipline things but what he did to influence australians to come to play in pakistan,they didnt give him #$%#.tauqeer zia was always supportive for shoaib's injuries but our country president wanted this naseem to b chairman.if shoaib z going to bollywood it z his personal will but he z ready to play for country always.even bret lee,shane bond who r real pace bowlers get injured so shoaib can.

^shoaib akhtar, mistakes, sometimes? :expressionless:

anyways i dunno what the fuss is about, he hardly plays a full series for pakistan. if he got discipline problems then simply dont pick him, easy. i think PCB (Pakistan Comedy Board) chairman and his croonies are taking some revenge from mr akhtar. he still have a chance, he will appeal in a court, the court may allow him to play again. or maybe (most probably) nasim ashraf will be fired.

its all about money now a days…

[/quote]

By mistakes i mean his incident with Asif and his argument with Bob Woolmer. He has apologized and if the board wants to punish him then im fine with it but 5 years???

Shoaib Should be banned for life instead of just 5 years.. Board is wasting too much time money and effort on him and his fitness problems.. instead spend some money on new upcomming young cricketers and groom them for national side.. just running crazily fast like a donkey won't be enough and helpful for our cricket team..

Breaking News: Shoiab Akhtar Banned for 5 Years !!

Kaneria gets the warning.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/

[/quote]

The board has lost confidence in Shoaib.

Pakistanis have lost confidence in the Cricket Board AND Shoaib.

Well its simple, I Don't think Shohaib is such a great cricketer. I am never excited that he'll make us win some match. The ban seems for too long to ruin his career but i am sure there are a lot more people out there, so stop wasting so much money on some attitude guy and give chance to some other players.

34 lac isn't a small amount =\ He payed after hitting asif. these guys are earning a lot..

*sigh*