Credit Cards and Debit Cards Questions

I have some questions regarding use of Credit Cards/ Debits Cards for online transactions purposes while I am abroad.

1. I have heard about UBL Wiz Teen Prepaid Debit Card which doesnt require session activation and can be used for online transactions. However many online transactions require a exactly written Name on the Debit Card along with expire etc, which is not mentioned on this prepaid Debit Card. For example I am booking bus tickets online in UK for my road travel and there funfare cheap tickets can only be bought online through Debit/ Credit Cards, but in the details it requires name otherwise the processing doesnt carry forward. So is Teen Wiz card useless in such scenarios??

2. What about Credit Cards. There are many offered by different banks but which one can work for online transactions like for booking hotels in UK. Would any Credit Card from any Pakistani Bank work, or should I go for a particular Bank and if so, which Bank???? Important thing is that it can be used online otherwise Credit Card is of no value to me if it cant be used for online transactions abroad.

3. I have heard that there are hidden charges on Credit Cards. I mean to say lets say I make purchases worth 200 pounds on a Credit Card and I pay the whole amount before the due date to the bank, so would I still be charged even if i have paid all amount or not.

4. Kindly advise on a simple method to make safe online transactions in UK

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have some questions regarding use of Credit Cards/ Debits Cards for online transactions purposes while I am abroad.

1. I have heard about UBL Wiz Teen Prepaid Debit Card which doesnt require session activation and can be used for online transactions. However many online transactions require a exactly written Name on the Debit Card along with expire etc, which is not mentioned on this prepaid Debit Card. For example I am booking bus tickets online in UK for my road travel and there funfare cheap tickets can only be bought online through Debit/ Credit Cards, but in the details it requires name otherwise the processing doesnt carry forward. So is Teen Wiz card useless in such scenarios??

[/quote]

UBL Wizz teen card does not work without CVV. So it won’t work with website that do no ask for CVV code and your address should match while purchasing on shops. most of time it won’t work because of link down problem of UBL.

i don’t know about UBL wallet card

2. What about Credit Cards. There are many offered by different banks but which one can work for online transactions like for booking hotels in UK. Would any Credit Card from any Pakistani Bank work, or should I go for a particular Bank and if so, which Bank??? Important thing is that it can be used online otherwise Credit Card is of no value to me if it cant be used for online transactions abroad.

3. I have heard that there are hidden charges on Credit Cards. I mean to say lets say I make purchases worth 200 pounds on a Credit Card and I pay the whole amount before the due date to the bank, so would I still be charged even if i have paid all amount or not.

4. Kindly advise on a simple method to make safe online transactions in UK

[/quote]

I have used Alfallah Credit card. it worked perfectly and fine everywhere. There are 110 Rupees session charges. 700 rupees monthly service charges. 700+ if you don’t pay on time. plus other costs e.g. 50 rupees for bill etc etc

Thanks Kashif for that important info. So it means that running expenditure for Alfalah Credit Cards is Rs750 per month apart from the actual expenses and Rs 110 per every session.

Does that mean that the Credit Card has to be activated every time one plans to do an online transaction, or is the card preactivated for online transactions. Does that mean that if I have Alfalah Credit Card, then every time even when I am in UK, I have to call Pakistan to get my card activated for an online transaction.

Do you know of any other Credit Card with better monthly service charges

I have used Alfallah Credit card. it worked perfectly and fine everywhere. There are 110 Rupees session charges. 700 rupees monthly service charges. 700+ if you don’t pay on time. plus other costs e.g. 50 rupees for bill etc etc

[/quote]

Last and best to my knowledge, Alfalah doesn’t charge anything monthly if you are paying your dues on time. Recently they sent a message saying that they will charge a monthly fee of 1000 I guess if payment is late, though I am not sure if its just a one time fee, or they’ll start charging you every month from then onwards.

Asad I dont think that Credit Card Companies wont be charging anything if one is paying their dues on time, because through these monthly or hidden charges, they actually earn fleeting amount of money from consumers