Could You Live Without Google?

Can you survive for a month without using any Google tools, and what alternatives you will try instead?

I myself don't think that I could live happily without Google. I use this search engine a lot and compared to the result of other search engines, Google is best.

Nooooooooooooooo!

What do you need alternatives for? Search? Reader? Docs? Gmail? If Google was just suddenly shut down out of the ordinary I'd really be frustrated. But I think I can migrate to other services and adjust with them if I need to.

Lol..Not even a day! Cannot live without android! :P

Yeh! i can even live without Internet, Thanks to PTCL for this practice :D

^hahaha.

@Um3r: What Android device do you have?

off course not.

internet without google services will be lik a body without soul.

HTC Dream and HTC Desire! I was eying for an android tablet and he is talking about no Google! lol

How ironic!

Yes I can....

I was here when there was not internet let alone the google...So i guess most of u weren't even born than .... may be thats why so dependent...?

Yes but haven't things changed so rapidly and changing even now as we speak! Wont that be disconnecting yourself from the rest of the globe if we do so? It is possible but at a very high cost!

why am i gonna do that in the first place?

Yes things always change... but we haven't.

And whats the point in looking towards the globe when we don't know whats happening in our backyard OR can't change whatever is happening... in our backyard.

@Umer: about high cost? I am sure you didn't mean to say that recent flooding in our country is because of those affected ppl who stopped using Google or its tools :D

since its a public forum so collectively, I don't think our population knows how actually to benefit from Google or its tools except youtube-ing for entertainment or searching stupid stuff OR important (including me) which of course is entirely dependent on pre-documentation.

So Google is just a tool to help you or to entertain you but "worth living" is certainly an exaggeration.

A Big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Adword, Adsense, and search engine

Hardest to Leave.

But if it happens, its gonna be hard for initial some months, then we all gonna get used to it. there are other options.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yes things always change… but we haven’t.

And whats the point in looking towards the globe when we don’t know whats happening in our backyard OR can’t change whatever is happening… in our backyard.

@Umer: about high cost? I am sure you didn’t mean to say that recent flooding in our country is because of those affected ppl who stopped using Google or its tools :D

since its a public forum so collectively, I don’t think our population knows how actually to benefit from Google or its tools except youtube-ing for entertainment or searching stupid stuff OR important (including me) which of course is entirely dependent on pre-documentation.

So Google is just a tool to help you or to entertain you but “worth living” is certainly an exaggeration.

[/quote]

Lol no I wasn’t referring to that God forbid :o, the cost I was referring to was the irresistible thirst to quench our desire for knowledge! It is okay for us to ditch Google but we would be taking a step back which is not such a good thing!

Look at it this way…You can send a letter or send an email to deliver your message! indeed both will have the desired result but the email would be quicker and do the job saving a lot of time!

I dont understand the need to be modest and use conventional methods where new techniques can be employed not only to save time but channel energies to other constructive tasks!

Why is the West developing at a steady pace? that is because they shift their low end processes to third world countries and specialize in intricate stuff!!

Same way Google is tool to aid us speed up our daily lives to help us keep up pace…

Have you heard the adage:

“Time and tide waits for none”

"Time and tide waits for none"..... :D

reminds me again of the recent floods .... lol

Lol...Ironic sense of humor :P

We'd be at the mercy of Yahoo......AGAIN!!!!!

LOL ... I am sensing we are gonna kill Google by talking :D

Perfect example of us becoming slaves to the modern world. We can not live without Google.

Never.... Internet would get Killed & Dead