Cost of WRT54GL?

what is the cost of a linksys WRT54GL router i have been searchin online and cud only find prices on shophive which is 4900 rs

which i think is too much for this router or am i wrong

so what is the price?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

what is the cost of a linksys WRT54GL router i have been searchin online and cud only find prices on shophive which is 4900 rs

which i think is too much for this router or am i wrong

so what is the price?

[/quote]

well ruhaan i dont know which city u reside in but i guess from posts u live in isb well I got my replacement WRT54GL v1.1 from lahore Linksys authorised dealer for 3200 last yr in july after i bricked my wrt54G v5.0 with my modified script, lol, it shud cost from 3000-3400 nowadays

well ruhaan i dont know which city u reside in but i guess from posts u live in isb well I got my replacement WRT54GL v1.1 from lahore Linksys authorised dealer for 3200 last yr in july after i bricked my wrt54G v5.0 with my modified script, lol, it shud cost from 3000-3400 nowadays
[/quote]

does anyone know what it actually costs nowadays

coz the price on shophive is outrageous compared to what cq914 is tellin

hey ruhaan, i just checked backed with the guy he is saying for 3400, but yeah u can haggle him a lil down and he is authroised dealer, so yeah the price by shoophive is outrageous...

hey ruhaan, i just checked backed with the guy he is saying for 3400, but yeah u can haggle him a lil down and he is authroised dealer, so yeah the price by shoophive is outrageous…
[/quote]

well thats a relief and this is version 1.1 ur talkin abt right?

I have got WRT54GS last month for 5000. At that time WTR54GL was around 4600.

I have got WRT54GS last month for 5000. At that time WTR54GL was around 4600.
[/quote]

from islamabad?

that's pretty high yaar, i got another one for my office DSL the other day for the same price i mentioned with a full yr replacement warranty, as i need my PDA medical service online....... flashed tomato firmware and up and running

that’s pretty high yaar, i got another one for my office DSL the other day for the same price i mentioned with a full yr replacement warranty, as i need my PDA medical service online… flashed tomato firmware and up and running
[/quote]

one more question its not related to the price

but which third party firmware is better tomato or DD WRT

i have heard alot about both and am confused about which one to use

well ruhaan i use both i use DDWRT v24 final which just came out couple of days on on wrt54g and tomato on wrt54gl, both are good upgrade from the generic firmware, DD-WRT is easy to navigate and has many extra options but uptil v24 RC7 the DD-WRT had trouble handling full speed torrents and browsing speed which has resolved to a much extent in the final version, but my tomato firmware although takes a lil getting used to has been working beautifully with torrents and browsing together. But now they are kinda on even grounds heard abt some issue in QoS of DD_wrt, but that's it..... so its ur own choice...... personally i use both and both are em a good upgrade on the generic version :)..... if u have anyother queries of the details, just email me :)

WRT54G is being sold at Galaxy for Rs. 4000. Is it a fair price?

what is the version number?

no idea about version, and i just checked they have dropped the price to 3600 Rs. and the link is pointing to this page

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1149562300349&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

well yeah that is the general specs of WRT54G mist probably it wud v8, this is the price of GL model, which is couple of hundred bucks more expensive then the simple G version but its not entirely unreasoanable

so galaxy is most probably selling GL @ 3600

well from what i saw its the simple G version