Copper wire speed

Anybody has experience with copper wire vs optic fiber line?

copper wire might give you bad SNR. It may have inaudible noise disrupting DSL.

optical fibre (ONU) line is best when it comes to SNR and noise-lessness. You will get GREAT DSL service. However, ONU cabinets need battery power. Due to frequent load shedding, you might face problems due to low/dead batteries. Your line might go dead or carry a busy tone.

I am told that PTCL is no more issuing optical fibre lines due to high cost of maintenance. Needless to mention that their batteries are regularly stolen.

If you are situated close to exchange, get copper line.

Copper line is better choice according to current flaws in PTCL's ONU lines (mentioned above)

[quote=“hawker, post:2, topic:15238”]

copper wire might give you bad SNR. It may have inaudible noise disrupting DSL.

optical fibre (ONU) line is best when it comes to SNR and noise-lessness. You will get GREAT DSL service. However, ONU cabinets need battery power. Due to frequent load shedding, you might face problems due to low/dead batteries. Your line might go dead or carry a busy tone.

I am told that PTCL is no more issuing optical fibre lines due to high cost of maintenance. Needless to mention that their batteries are regularly stolen.

If you are situated close to exchange, get copper line.

[/quote]

It means that copper line would not give faster browsing experience like fiber optic? I am situated at around 5km from exchange. :(

[quote=“AdnanBhai, post:4, topic:15238”]

It means that copper line would not give faster browsing experience like fiber optic? I am situated at around 5km from exchange. :(

[/quote]

Copper cable from exchange to your house may be even longer than 5 Km due to cable layout plan + routing.

ONU ROckS

[quote=“starznitez1, post:6, topic:15238”]

ONU ROckS

[/quote]

would someone tell me what onu or whatever it is Thanks

[quote=“idman, post:7, topic:15238”]

would someone tell me what onu or whatever it is Thanks

[/quote]

Optic Network Unit.

well since i've changed my copper wires with a new copper wire pair, i have never faced disconnetion problem and its been like 2 months ago, Copper is good if its new..