Cooler Master RS-430-PCAR

I've purchased this powersupply 2nd hand. What i wanna know whether is it 400W supply or 430W. 430W is written on the box and on supply max output is listed as 400W. Similarly some websites list it as 400w and some 430w.

Secondly what is the life span of such kind of power supply, the one i've got is 2 years used will it be still reliable?

Thanx

the life span of such psu is approximately 100,000hrs, and for the output see the rated output printed on the unit.

btw u just bought new cpu, will u tell me that the heat sink that came with the processor has copper base or not? and during installation did u applied any kind of thermal pest other than that which is already applied by intel?

b/c i just bought e7200,p5k vm but the heat sink that came with it is just so fcd up, it doesn't have copper base and is not doing what it suppose to do, my processor is idealing at 70 and after some time it goes to 90.

kindly tell me is it suppose to be like that will it settle after some time??

@supcop:

The heatsink of my e4500 is not copper based and there was very little thermal paste on it infact none. But i installed it anyway without thermal paste and my e4500 idles around 35c and at full load after overclocking it to 2.8GHz it reaches 60c. Your temps are very very very high and they won't settle down. You better reinstall the heatsink properly which i think u haven't. And let us know what happens.

ok thanks bro i'll try it tonight and let u know!

and yeah did u installed the processor by yourself? if yes than did u felt any resistance when putting the load plate down?i mean not like 478 socket p4's, its like massive as compare to 478 is it?

Yes i installed the heatsink by myself it's not that difficult but a little delicate so be careful or if u've not done it before then take someone's help. It's better to get help than damange something. Or u can search google for guide on installing Socket 775 HSF

i mean the processor did u felt any resistance during locking down the processor in its socket, not the HSF

and about the breaking thing i dont think its braked b/c it does boot into windows though!!!

and 1 more thing, when i ran cpuz the first it showed me 1600mhz core frequency than it came back to 2533mhz than again 1600 why is it fluctuating? any suggestion?

First of all the speeds of the processor which is going down and up is due to speedstep technology of core2duo, coz when processor is idle it slows itself down automatically to save power, and if you want then u can disable it in bios of your motherboard but u don't need to do it.

Secondly yes when u lock down the processor u've to apply some force.

well i have reinstalled the HSF, three out of 4 pins were seated properly but one was popping out, luckily i have found the proper way of installing it from some users on the net who had the same problem, now it is idling at 40~45 didn't tested it on load b/c the psu just gave up!

btw thanks for suggesting me the mobo and for helping me with my noob problems!!!

No problem man.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

well i have reinstalled the HSF, three out of 4 pins were seated properly but one was popping out, luckily i have found the proper way of installing it from some users on the net who had the same problem, now it is idling at 40~45 didn’t tested it on load b/c the psu just gave up!

btw thanks for suggesting me the mobo and for helping me with my noob problems!!!

[/quote]

hey man could you please link me to those webpages/ discussions because i got the same problem. one of the pins is not seating properly while others have fit perfectly.

A little help please…

u can luk at this video for help

You have to push each and every pin one by one into the hole in motherboard and then tighten it by a screw driver, the fourth and final pin will take a little force to push down.

@maliksaab

quoting the procedure:

"You start the pins fully extended! Not lowered. The misunderstanding is in this 'locking position'. This does not mean to lower the pins ahead of time. It refers to the BLACK PIN TOPS which screw either right or left. Look close, there is an arrow pictured on top of the black pin. First extend the pins (you may have to put the arrows in release position if they are currently locked, do this by turning with the arrow direction) then turn that pin all the way opposite to the direction indicated by the arrow, push them through and you're done".

a/c to my experience first disengage the HSF than pull all the pins up, align it on the mobo than push the opposite pins simultaneously until they snaps, don't be afraid of putting some pressure on it, after installing the HSF look at the back of the mobo u should be able to see the black ends of all 4 pins popping out from the white plastic fasteners, if it doesn't than try again.

Note that mobo should bent a little due to tension!

and yeah not to mention that u should do the above procedure with mobo out of the chassis!