Converting MKV/MP4 To Xvid(Avi)?

Salam,

Guys i wanna convert my movies in avi format which are in mkv or mp4 format as my dvd player only runs divx/xvid files..not mp4 or mkv files...so i want to convert them to avi... so how to do it ? and i have few movies in mp4 small size so if i convert them to avi will the size remain or it will not be the same size as mp4 and also quality decreases ?

Thanks

Download a good video converter, which supports all the formats you need to work around with, then simply convert your videos to the desired formats, keep the same resolution & bitrates, you'll get your file converted to your desired formats without losing much quality, and get the converted file in very similar size to the source file's size...

If you use free softwares, then google a bit, you'll find some good softwares that'll get your work done.

If you use pirated softwares, then i recommend E.M. Total Video Converter, it works good for me most of the time.

Any more questions? Ask.

[Double Post, To be Removed]

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Download a good video converter, which supports all the formats you need to work around with, then simply convert your videos to the desired formats, keep the same resolution & bitrates, you’ll get your file converted to your desired formats without losing much quality, and get the converted file in very similar size to the source file’s size…

If you use free softwares, then google a bit, you’ll find some good softwares that’ll get your work done.

If you use pirated softwares, then i recommend E.M. Total Video Converter, it works good for me most of the time.

Any more questions? Ask.

[/quote]

So you mean if the movie or video got resolution 720x384 Aso i select the same size for converting file? ok i will give a try now and will back again after i done trying this…

Thank You :)

--

Format Factory is pretty good.

untill now i tried all of them except format factory as its just been told by scuzzy.. so right now giving it a try...

and for the others i have tried them and after converting hd mp4 file to avi i see the quality not the same as on the original file and also the size also gets little bit bigger from the original size...

Brother you need to use E.M. Total video converter as Upsilon told. You can adjust the bitrate,resolution, quality aspect ratio,etc.etc according to your need.

i used all of these but i think format factory done good work for me... but just help me about bitrate,resolution, quality aspect ratio,etc.? as what will be the good settings to watch on dvd player ? as my dvd player dont run mp4 oR mkv files... so tell me the settings that would be fine then i will go with that settings..

thanks

The most recommended settings would be the original settings of the file you are about to convert. Check them in the properties of that file.

SO Original Settings In all fields will be okay ? okay thank u all :)

goto google.com search for "any video converter" for fast convert processing and its very easy to use

--

http://www.winnydows.com/

ultimate solution for all sort of conversions I personally use it to convert mkv @mp4 for xbox.

@neoclue thanks man... and to all the others who replied..thx guys

hay neoclue why don't you start writing a book which name should be Computer for dummies

Maybe this will be helpful,

http://at364.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-extract-video-from-matroska-mkv.html

--

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Maybe this will be helpful,

http://at364.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-extract-video-from-matroska-mkv.html

[/quote]

at what format it will extract the video from mkv ? i tried it but i cant find any video file after extracting… it only extract audio file and save it as .aac file…

I didn't have time to go through all the posts. I will keep it simple. Since I do a lot of video conversions.

MKV/MP4 are mostly encoded with H264 codec which is highly superior to XVID/DIVX - so you can't expect the same quality with the same size.

Best video conversion utility out there which so many people don't know about is SUPER. It costs nothing and is completely malware free.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Using SUPER you will be able to resize video to reduce resolution, encoded in avi using XVID/Divx at the bitrate you want. Also will convert AAC audio to MP3. There is no comparison of SUPER with any other application with the number of file formats, codecs and operations it supports.

Good luck!