Control panel XP

ok there are many things in control panel but i wana know the orignal destination of these apps. specially SPEECH... i wana know this because i m runnin Microsoft reader in wine-ubuntu i wana tweak sum settins.. in windows i ussually just go to control panel > speech. but in ubuntu i hav no control panel.. if any of u guyz know the destination of this app then i can find a way to mak it work in wine too...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

ok there are many things in control panel but i wana know the orignal destination of these apps. specially SPEECH… i wana know this because i m runnin Microsoft reader in wine-ubuntu i wana tweak sum settins… in windows i ussually just go to control panel > speech. but in ubuntu i hav no control panel… if any of u guyz know the destination of this app then i can find a way to mak it work in wine too…
[/quote]

w

got to ur home folder and view the hidden files by pressiny Crtl+H now find a folder called ".wine"

this is wines folder and u will find all ur apps installed in there

i did tried tht... but the problem is microsoft reader usses windows' speech engine and tht can only be tweaked from control panel in windows...

so i need to know where in "WINDOWS" or in "PROGRAM FILES" actually the apps of control panel are... i know for sure that 'control panel' itself only hold shortcuts so if any buddy knows the destination folder tht would help...

Well in windows you can use this cpl file to launch the 'Speech Propertires' dialog box:

\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Speech\sapi.cpl

i did tried tht… but the problem is microsoft reader usses windows’ speech engine and tht can only be tweaked from control panel in windows…

so i need to know where in “WINDOWS” or in “PROGRAM FILES” actually the apps of control panel are… i know for sure that ‘control panel’ itself only hold shortcuts so if any buddy knows the destination folder tht would help…

[/quote]

see this blogpost explaining how to set-up Reader on Ubuntu

http://www.reallyvirtual.com/installing-microsoft-reader-on-linux-and-why-microsoft-reader-rules

see this blogpost explaining how to set-up Reader on Ubuntu

http://www.reallyvirtual.com/installing-microsoft-reader-on-linux-and-why-microsoft-reader-rules

[/quote]

thanxx… i alreay read that blog and it was wth motivated me to install Microsoft Reader in the first place. but sadly that guy doesnt mention any thin Text-to-speech. i even mailed him and he said he only needed to open .LIT files and he doesnt use text to speech. any way if FIRESTORM’s information is right i wud be able to solve the thingy myself…

For text to speech, there are many good native alternatives in Linux as I mentioned in other thread you asked.

For text to speech, there are many good native alternatives in Linux as I mentioned in other thread you asked.
[/quote]

i tried them but i am so used to microsoft reader that nothin suets my airs any more…