Consumer Awareness Bulletin for 7-8 Digit Mobile

Ah yes, I will have to update my entire contact list. :(

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Ah yes, I will have to update my entire contact list. :(
[/quote]

why u have instaphone numbers :o

Hmmm. So no need to update contacts if one has Ufone/Mobilink/Warid/Telenor numbers in the contacts list.

See here: http://www.pta.gov.pk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1058&Itemid=225

Specific documents:

MoM - 8 Digit Mobile Number Migration

MoM - Mobile Number Migration Meeting

I still don't get how this works. If, for example I have a number: 0300-1234567, what will happen to it? 030-23456? :|

EDIT: is this not applicable for Karachi? The above bulletin only says CMPAK and SCOM (AJK and NA), which I believe means Kashmir and Northern Areas...?

Go to the PTA's site, and see the PDF files on the number migration. It's quite clear there.

no one in my contacts list is using Paktel or cmpak

as i have previosly said only 3 operators (CMPak, Insta and SCom) will change thier code and others will not be changed,

for example if a person have a mobilink no 0301-2345678 then his new no will be 030-12345678 only last digit from the code will be added to the no.

dialling will be same only writing the no will be changed but dum ko chahay agay se pakro ya peechay se baat to aik hi hai, so the new scheme will be to make network codes to 3 digits by adding last digit from the code to the no,

as i have previosly said only 3 operators (CMPak, Insta and SCom) will change thier code and others will not be changed,

for example if a person have a mobilink no 0301-2345678 then his new no will be 030-12345678 only last digit from the code will be added to the no.

dialling will be same only writing the no will be changed but dum ko chahay agay se pakro ya peechay se baat to aik hi hai, so the new scheme will be to make network codes to 3 digits by adding last digit from the code to the no,

[/quote]

Thanks, that explains a lot! :D

@PTA

A classic example of terrible information design.

They will eventually change it for all Cellular Services including PTCL's land line numbers across Pakistan. I think more notifications will come soon in this regard.

@PTA

A classic example of terrible information design.

[/quote]

What is so terrible here? It clearly says that the only CMPAK and SCOM numbers will change. For rest of the operators i guess they have kept the scheme such that no number change is required. e.g. a warid nuber 0321-xxx-xxxx might become 032 -1xxx-xxxx.

EDIT: instaphone will change as well.

what about number 03008123456 it'll be changed to 030-08123456 ?

I have 0334 no. does it change also.

I have 0334 no. does it change also.
[/quote]

Lets say ur number is 0334-xxxxxxx (in writing, not dialing), if it changes, than it will be like this 033-4xxxxxxx(in writhing, not dialing)…

you know it doesn’t matter in dialing whether your number is written as 0334-xxxxxxx or 033-4xxxxxxx or 03-34xxxxxxx becuase when ever you will dial a number from your mobile, you will dial it joined without the “-”. … like 0334xxxxxxx.

I hope u understand it now.

what about 0300 code it'll change to 030 -0XXXXXXX or there would be no zero at the start of number?

yes the no will start from zero, last digit from the code will included in the no hence the 3 no dialling code will be started,