Connecting PTCL's ZXDSL831II to TP-Link Wireless router

Hi all

Can someone help me setting up TP-Link WR641G to the already installed and working modem? I tried to set it up but ended up messing with the modem's settings. Tried to google a bit but no luck.

Any help is much appreciated,

Faisal

HI.....The simple installation for a Tp-Link Router is as follow....

First plugin te LAN cable from ur PTCL router in the WiFi-Routers WAN port(as per highlighted)....the WAN light will start blinking showing tht it is aquiring the IP..this shows ur router is ready to further distribute the internet...now if want some pro-settings then hit back or else use the simple settings....just conncet ur PC with the router via Wifi or LAN...tht won't be difficult..reply back for further settings

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hi all

Can someone help me setting up TP-Link WR641G to the already installed and working modem? I tried to set it up but ended up messing with the modem’s settings. Tried to google a bit but no luck.

Any help is much appreciated,

Faisal

[/quote]

well i have connected zxdsl router internet cable to port 1 of my TP link ( not the wan port ) and its working fine.

TCP IP settings are set to auto also.

Ahsan

Thanks a lot Mazahyr and Ahsan

I tried the first method but it dint work, the second approach worked but I wonder if I will still be able to use the remaining three LAN ports for wired internet access.

Regards,

Faisal

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Thanks a lot Mazahyr and Ahsan

I tried the first method but it dint work, the second approach worked but I wonder if I will still be able to use the remaining three LAN ports for wired internet access.

Regards,

Faisal

[/quote]

All Routers use the same basic principle to connect/route. You can look at any guide to hook up a modem with router and it should work for you.

Have look here at this thread and see if it solves your problem.

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5332

you can use the WAN port for server purposes, like ur router than works as virtual server..providing a proper IP range with DHCP n all tht stuff...both ways work ...but in this TP-Link won't work as a router it will work as a switch n the IP it will further provide will be of ZTE not its own...whereas working with WAN port will make it work as a Virtual Server...a bit complicated as im using...the config is a bit hectic though but rest use is awesome...