Connecting 2 wireless routers

I finally managed to unbrick my WRT54G v5.0 router with a JTAG cable, meanwhile i was using a WRT54GL, what i wud like to ask from all the tech gurus How do i connect these 2 routers wirelessly by placcing then at different locations in my house so that i can cover my whole house by wireless connectivity coz anyone of em doesnt cover the whole of it, a step-by-step guide wud be much helpful....

the feature to connect wireless routers or wireless APs without wires is called WDS. Unfortunately many linksys wireless devices does not support this feature, but there are thirdparty firmwares availble to enable WDS option. You have to search WDS for both your linksys models on google. Like this step by step guide to connect two WRT54Gs, http://www.linksysinfo.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47118

As @syedAli wrote, you need to install custom firmware. I use DD-WRT on my WRT54G and its awesome. It supports WDS mode.

Please carefully check compatibility of your version/revision of hardware with the custom firmware that you will be installing.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

As @syedAli wrote, you need to install custom firmware. I use DD-WRT on my WRT54G and its awesome. It supports WDS mode.

Please carefully check compatibility of your version/revision of hardware with the custom firmware that you will be installing.

[/quote]

Well on my WRT54GL v1.1 i am running tomato firmware 1.18 and on my WRT54G v5.0 i am running DD-WRT v24 micro-generic… both are up and runnning individually just wanted to know hwo to connect and are these 2 firmware compatible on WDS mode with WPA security as both support WDS