Connect Communications users

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I’m paying 800 for this package. Earlier, I was paying 600 for the Blue package. I’m in Gulistan-e-Johar
[/quote]

Hay 40 mbps have you ever try to switch over DSL.

Google4u

I did switch over to PTCL student package few months back. But it was a real pain in the ass as my phone line quality wasn't very good. The customer service wasn't any good either. My cable operator has set up his local LAN on UPS so I never really face no downtime anymore. Why would I pay 200 more? because I frequently stream youtube videos, and the simple blue package wasn't good enough for that purpose. Besides I don't have any other option (netither DSL due to phone line quality, nor wireless (I live in appts. thus, the signal issues) .. so yes Connect is the best deal for me at the moment. I might be paying a couple of hundred rupees extra than whats considered to be an average internet rate for this speed. But atleast I am not facing any frikking issues like random disconnections or downtimes. So yes, it is worth it.

PS: Need help in making custom dialer on Windows 7. Not being able to use DC++ without it

Yeah telephone lines are the biggest issue or pain in A$$ in Gulistan-e-Juhar as my many of university friends live in Apartments and they all Use cable net due to it. Well Youtube Normal Streaming is good at Blue+ and HQ Streaming have little buffering problem as its required 1Mbist/s speed but HD streaming is not good as its required 2Mbits/s speed For smooth Streaming. BTW have you ever notice that some videos downloads very fast from Youtube.

Well I have not installed windows7 yet but I will try to check about custom Dialer but I think the DC++ Server operators have deny the IPs of Blue+.

blue plus is 10.101.10.46 where dc++ runs only on blue 10.101.10.4.

Google4u

@ 40 mbps here u go for dialer

goto control panel the network and sharing center ----> set up new connection or network--> connect to a workplace(set up dial up or vpn at ur workplace)----->use my internet connection (VPN)------>in internet adddress write blueplus host address (u can get it by writing ping blueplus.connect.net.pk at command prompt)this is contrary to 10.101.10.4 as it was for connect blue------>give it a name------>then goto properties in security tab select no encryption required . click ok enter ur user name and password and connect it

agreed g4u dc++ works on blue......10.101.10.4...........and blueplus is on other host ip.......but try it....let us know

is there any way i can contribute to the Connect's DC++ rooms even though i have 1Mbps PTCL DSL connection?

is there any way i can contribute to the Connect’s DC++ rooms even though i have 1Mbps PTCL DSL connection?
[/quote]

No Because its use less for you and every one, on PTCL 1Mbits/s you can only upload at MAX 32KB/s and Download at MAX 110 to 115 KB/s and here users use to get speed @ 2MB/s to 4MB/s over Connect use to Gigabits LAN. so you can understand that any 2 or 4 GB file will take ages to download or upload.

BTW I was thinking to run a torrent tracker for the Forum Users. So if we are on Connect, PTCL, Worldcall , MAXcom , any ISP we can share the stuff on our full Internet Connect Speed. If any one interested then contact me via msg. I can help with the setup of it or I can run it over on my system but in that case I need a backup tracker.

Google4u

why not set up the tracker on some website\webhost ? than your pc ..?

and here's a tutorial for custom dialer ... some user by nick "funter" on connect's dodear forum posted it ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Y5NAB9Yoo&feature=player_embedded

HAY Guys,

Check out http://torrent.freeweb.pk and start sharing ;) Its for all.

Google4u

HAY Guys,

Check out http://torrent.freeweb.pk and start sharing ;) Its for all.

Google4u

[/quote]

@40 Mbps check your status @ torrent … Guys Come on I am waiting.

Google4u

@40 Mbps check your status @ torrent … Guys Come on I am waiting.

Google4u

[/quote]

hey i can have offer my services as backup tracker and will be able to upload new contents as i have access to major private torrent trackers … N@eem, Google4u or 40MBPS u can contact me if u need help through PM

hey i can have offer my services as backup tracker and will be able to upload new contents as i have access to major private torrent trackers … N@eem, Google4u or 40MBPS u can contact me if u need help through PM

[/quote]

http://torrent.freeweb.pk @ all friends torrent and tracker web site is up … visit it and start sharing.

If you Guys are using utorrent client you can run backup tracker with it on you own pc.

Google4u

http://torrent.freeweb.pk @ all friends torrent and tracker web site is up … visit it and start sharing.

If you Guys are using utorrent client you can run backup tracker with it on you own pc.

Google4u

[/quote]

i have created account. can u tell me how can i share or download torrents? i need a short guide

Google4u

what about downloading? it opens up a page like 2.php of the website which contains weird info :S

what about downloading? it opens up a page like 2.php of the website which contains weird info :S
[/quote]

Yeah I have checked it today :(

freeweb.pk are filtering the web site by words like download.

I think I need to move the web site on some other web hosting servers.

Google4u

I moved to blue plus package yesterday. Regular youtube videos (exluding HD) are streaming fine. Getting around 65-70 Kb/s on downloads (Torrents/HTTP both). Didn’t notice much difference in browsing speed. It seems to be the same as before. Nothing more exciting about this package except for a speed increase of 20Kb/s avg.

Btw, I am not being able to make a custom dialer on Windows 7. If anyone has succeeded in making one, please let me know how.

[/quote]

i hope streaming remains fine…all the time on blue+ , did anyone notice when connect 1st issued there packages connect blue was recommend for streaming sites as there site mention at that time, ever since blue+ has come,suddenly they have change there thoughts…

i hope streaming remains fine…all the time on blue+ , did anyone notice when connect 1st issued there packages connect blue was recommend for streaming sites as there site mention at that time, ever since blue+ has come,suddenly they have change there thoughts…

[/quote]

its a marketing strategy … nothing else:p

its a marketing strategy … nothing else:p

[/quote]

Well I do not agree with you guys … youtube and other streaming web sites are increasing bits/s rate with respect to resolution , encoding and time.

Here is some thing for you guys from http://www.videoaccelerator.com/

What Internet connection speed do I need for a smooth viewing experience of HQ/HD videos?

There are two elements that will dictate your viewing experience:

(a) Effective internet connection speed – This determines your potential data delivery speed and thus your potential viewing experience. This means that if your effective connection speed is lower than the video’s bitrate (see table below) then the video cannot possibly play smoothly. On the other hand, an effective connection speed that appears to be sufficient does not guarantee a smooth viewing experience since this is dependant on the video throughput rate.

(B) Video delivery (throughput) rate – This is the actual flow of data from the video servers to your PC. Think of the video throughput as water flowing to the top of a skyscraper. Having the largest pipes possible at the base of the building does not guarantee a strong flow of water at the top. The flow at the top is limited by the pipes located there and by the tap itself.

YouTube Standard Video YouTube High Quality video (HQ) YouTube High Definition video (HD)

Encoding MPEG-4 MPEG-4 MPEG-4

Aspect Ratio 4:3, 16:9 4:3, 16:9 16:9

Resolution 320240 480360 1280*720

Bitrate (mbit/sec) 0.5 0.9 2

[/quote]

Understand the technology and then talk

Google4u

For the past 2 days, the download speed came back to 45-50 Kb again.. wth? It's the same as connect blue.

Guess what!!!!!

The downloading speed has come down to 25 to 35 Kb for the last couple of days on connect simple blue. Why?