Confused regarding xbox 360

Guys i have a pc worth 20000 and i want to sell it and buy a new xbox 360 jasper now my questions are

Should i do it with out any delay?

Is pakgamers store reliable to get an xbox 360?

Is rrod easily repairable?

plz reply me asap and i m planning to buy the one with the price of 19850.

If you want to wait, you can wait for Xbox360 4GB (slim). It has no RRoD, it shuts down when overheated. It also has built-in WiFi ($80-100 add-on with Jasper), other than that, it's pretty much the same.

One of my friend's got an RRoD (and an E74) on a really old unit (Xenon/Zephyr era). He got it fixed but it stops working every couple of weeks and he has to get it fixed again. I don't know how accurate this is, since he's not the techy type but RRoD sucks when it happens.

Yes Pak gamers are reliable and don't worry about RROD, its ratio in jasper are very low.

New xbox 360 Slim 4GB version has not been modified yet , if you can afford original games go for it else give a try to Old one (Jasper) .

^I thought this mod would've been released to the public by now:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/15/new-xbox-360-hacked-to-play-backup-discs-public-release-under/

How long does it generally take? It's already been 2 months.

Thakyou guys for all your replies i think for now jasper will be the best choice for me,some more guidance will be much appreciated.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^I thought this mod would’ve been released to the public by now:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/15/new-xbox-360-hacked-to-play-backup-discs-public-release-under/

How long does it generally take? It’s already been 2 months.

[/quote]

Yes i know that but hackers are still working on it and these hacked/modified consoles are not easily available.

If you need a modified console then wait for 4 to 5 months.

Thakyou guys for all your replies i think for now jasper will be the best choice for me,some more guidance will be much appreciated.
[/quote]

right now jasper is the best available option.

[/quote]

Go to xbox360 section of Pakgamers.com and they will guide you accordingly. Also if oyu are a Karachiite then search for Faizy, he modifies and sells games at a reasonable price. PM him there.

Thanks deffury by the way i had a dream to buy an xbox and now i am able to buy one thats why i am so puzzled becuz someone told me that your new xbox will be with no warranty.

^The warranty becomes void when you mod it.

Whats this xbox360 arcade? A guy was selling it at 30,000Rs .. isn't it expensive?

He is ripping you :(

In Karachi arcade version Pal unmodified is of 20 k and Arcade Ntsc unmodified is of 23.5 K maximum.

Just contact PG and they will guide you accordingly.

OR

Search for Jshak in both WP and PG. He sells modified Xboxes at a cheap price, and is neighbor to Faizy.

What about ps3 ,can it be modded as well? in karachi?

Already answered in previous related thread

If you want to wait, you can wait for Xbox360 4GB (slim). It has no RRoD, it shuts down when overheated. It also has built-in WiFi ($80-100 add-on with Jasper), other than that, it’s pretty much the same.

One of my friend’s got an RRoD (and an E74) on a really old unit (Xenon/Zephyr era). He got it fixed but it stops working every couple of weeks and he has to get it fixed again. I don’t know how accurate this is, since he’s not the techy type but RRoD sucks when it happens.

[/quote]

That xenon xbox will soon be dead. Eventually RRoD becomes permanent. It happened with my first xbox, bought in 2007.

I’m not sure what the slim costs here in Pakistan, but I bought one from the UK that cost around Rs 25k (250GB) and it is fantastic. Two months of at least 35-40 hours gaming per week and not a whiff of overheating, never shut down once. Not to mention it is super smooth and quiet. Well worth the wait if someone is looking to buy in Pakistan. The only con is that original xbox 360 games don’t exist in Pakistan (would appreciate if any member could help me out there).

Search pak gamers , some guys are selling original Stuff.