CONFICKER Virus [1st April 2009] Are you infected?

well guys people those are infected with this virus ( might be facing no browsing issue) if someone facing this issue or infected kindly tell about it.

here is the article

http://www.eset.com/threat-center/blog/

or for more info .

chq this

http://mylink.net.pk/Announcement/AnnouncementDetails.aspx?AnnouncementId=68

^ A simple test is that if you can visit Microsoft.com and can update your Windows using Windows Update then probably your computer is not infected by Conficker.

My computer got infected with conficker virus a few days ago.. I tried everything but could not get rid of it from file system, so i switched to ubuntu and happy with it

nope i am not infected either

Linux FTW :D

My net is again on track (LDN)

May be because I have installed that patch of microsoft for this virus, mentioned by DJ NOMI.

I restarted the system and now its working fine from last one and a half hour.

I am experiencing slow browsing!!!!!But downloading is okay....!!!!!!!!I have PTCL given by local cabel net..I am able to open microsoft site and update the windows....

Am I the victim of virus too!!!???

I am sure that I am suffering due to extremely slow browsing but normal downloading speeds....!!!!!

^ Yeah I'm having some browsing issues ! Any way to remove that virus ?

thanks GOD

i got my virus definations updated...

No issue yet. I should update definition files... or maybe later :)

Here is a good test to see that you're infected or not: http://www.confickerworkinggroup.org/infection_test/cfeyechart.html

i have being seeing these pop up by nod32

C:\WINDOWS\system32\x Win32/Conficker.AE worm

cleaned by deleting - quarantined NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe.

but it says nod32 have clean it..........

have no trouble in opening microsoft.com or even the checker site u guyz mention

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

No issue yet. I should update definition files… or maybe later :)
[/quote]

when it wud infect you…

u wont b able to update…

when it wud infect you…

u wont b able to update…

[/quote]

But format and reinstall is always my first preference :) Last time when my Windows got problem, I didn’t even think about anything else, just formatted and freshly installed it. :)

^

holysh*t

man how the helll do you manage to do all the settings and programs again...

tht #$%# sux

and is my worst nitemare so i dont like to format/reinstall

my last windows installation was about 2 years old....

i didnt formateed but i always repaired it wen some virus attacked..

^

holysh*t

man how the helll do you manage to do all the settings and programs again…

tht #$%# sux

and is my worst nitemare so i dont like to format/reinstall

my last windows installation was about 2 years old…

i didnt formateed but i always repaired it wen some virus attacked…

[/quote]

You have to find your inner peace and over your nightmares of reinstalling Windows. :) You’ll feel like you are closer to Nirvana. Beating a dead horse is frustrating.

Fresh Windows always works faster and less prone to errors. Many experts says that an installation of Windows has an age of 3 to 6 months before it starts to spoil like milk into yukky curd.

Find your inner peace and install a fresh copy of Windows.

Now, its my time for meditation :P

^

what? you a monk? :P

Best way is to install your OS and all softwares, change their settings to your desired settings, then create a back-up (create a back-up of your whole C Drive with any software that allows you to restore it when you boot). It takes less than 2 min to restore XP (compared to installing Windows and configuring softwares which could take hours).

Kaspersky saved me from Conficker :D

Kaspersky saved me from Conficker :D
[/quote]

i can see your frequesnt posting in each thread lol nive way to increase number of posts.

2ndly this virus was not trackdown by any anti virus as i am also kaspersky user. coz this virus does not affect any of your system while file.

3rdly this virus is no more so forget about this :)

peace :)

LoL...yaa tryin to become an active member :D..... number of posts is something which comes after . ;)