Computerized embroidery sewing machine 120V AC 60Hz

We got a computerized sewing machine came from the US, this machine is VERY sensitive, and manufacturer does not recommend running it on different voltage than 120v. Needed input for it is :2.4 wattage. The amp is .02 and the voltage 120.

Will a step down converters be able to power it up safely and 60Hz does really matters because its very sensitive machine, shed some light please

well one thing for sure if it is that much sensitive like a girl, it will not last longer with the electricity currently our electric companies are providing.

Assuming that both voltage and frequency are critical, one possible option would be to use a 120V 60Hz full sine wave output inverter with batteries to ensure steady regulated supply even during load shedding.

Just using a step down transformer or even a variable transformer with utility 220V 50Hz will only change the voltage level but the frequency would remain 50Hz, not the required 60Hz.

Can you share more details like make and model number, etc.

Brother CS6000i pink

Even if the voltage is OK the frequency will not be so do not try it with stepdown transformer. you need an inverter for it. Or if possible, change the power supply unit to 220v, 50Hz one but that should be done properly by a professional person.

japanese PSU may be available in your market which offer a variety of voltage selection from 100-240V just like the old piano adopter we used to have with variable voltage selector/., only on higher scale and much more professional.

he needs to see what DC is used for the machine itself and just get a PSU for that. Hopefully it will be a single volt system then just replace the power supply properly and off you go.

Have you contacted the manufacturer (Brother) directly about the best possible option?

Not with manufacturer but i discussed with a man who repair sewing machines he says use a quality step down converter and difference in frequency is not an issue machine will only work slightly slower...

a frequency difference of +/- 2 will probably damage your machine.

a quality JAPANESE transformer/stepdown inverter is your best and easiest solution.. since you can find many in lot market, you can get any size JAPANESE transformer for 1/10th the price of new..they are repairable, and also easily affordable.

just make sure you get long THICK quality wire soldered by the shopkeeper, as doing yourself may not be safe/better

also buy the inverter at 2x your required capacity or it will overheat...minimum 1.5x bigger capacity.

How much it cost and how they look like? @farhan_ds

Okay, I googled a bit....this is what you have right??

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Feature-Rich-Built-In-Auto-Size-Buttonholes/dp/B000JQM1DE

So I'm guessing, it uses AC power for the main motor and has a AD-DC convertor for the computer stuff.....There could be problem with running the motor due to the frequency, you may damage the power controlling circuit (like UPS often damage fan regulator in our houses)

OR it may contain everything DC powered, in that case you're okay with even low quality stepdown convertor...

Check manual to see what it has inside, or ask manufacturer....nice machine by the way...what are you going to make with it? Do post here ! :D

Update :

I found the motor used in your machine CS6000i, here :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BROTHER-HSHLD-COMPUTERIZED-SEWING-MACHINE-REPLACEMENT-MOTOR-XD1827021-WITH-BELT-/161451682424

DATASHEET:

$%28KGrHqYOKpMFIr-L%29iQ2BSMNjG6Pk!~~60_

it turns out it's a DC motor.

I am giving you a go ahead to use the machine on the usual cheap stepdown convertors.

On the other hand, in video description, someone says it won't work with usual voltage convertors and tells people without 120V 60hz mains not to buy it :

^ since it is a DC 24V motor. why not just run it off 2 batteries? with a charger on it. simple.. pure DC 24V.

Returned it.. International model with 240v 50hz is on its way

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:14, topic:21665”]

^ since it is a DC 24V motor. why not just run it off 2 batteries? with a charger on it. simple.. pure DC 24V.

[/quote]

the machine is rated for 120V 60hz. That's why. There's probably transformer and AC-DC convertor inside in the machine....So it can't be run on 24VDC.

[quote=“armada, post:15, topic:21665”]

[/quote]

Would have been fun if you hadn't returned it...I could have "won" an "internet challenge"....:D

I'm pretty sure the machine would have run on WAPDA supply with cheap stepdown transformer....

[quote=“armada, post:15, topic:21665”]

[/quote]

Why you little..:@

just as we were about to have fun :mad: